Fly Tying
djgunter

Adult Stonefly Swap

This is starting to be a problem with swaps again. :angry: If my granddaughter can be responsible enough to get her flies in on time, adults should be able to get them there as well. I'm saying divide them up and get them in the mail. If the others arrive mark them "return to sender". You can have any extras for hosting or donate them to a fly fishing charity.

Sorry for my absence guys, I've been out of town since the due date for this swap. I spoke with MTFlyjunkie and he said he was moving and his flies would be in the mail, but that was over 10 days ago now & if they haven't arrived yet I'm assuming they weren't sent. The other swapper I tried to reach but was unsuccessful. I'm happy with the flies being mailed out as is, if everyone is okay with that. There's still a half decent prize for the best stonefly...

No hard feelings right...it's summertime afterall.

You go man, you're right! !! :ph34r:

This is starting to be a problem with swaps again. :angry: If my granddaughter can be responsible enough to get her flies in on time, adults should be able to get them there as well. I'm saying divide them up and get them in the mail. If the others arrive mark them "return to sender". You can have any extras for hosting or donate them to a fly fishing charity.

Yeah, I agree. I've hosted one swap and was mildly chastised for being too much of a swap-nazi (my words for effect) when I said in effect "on time, no exceptions".

It's really tough, though, as life does happen and you want to include as many swappers as you can. However, I don't think it unreasonable to move on quickly if the people won't reply to the SM's attempts to find out what's happening. I can think of many scenarios for this to happen and in almost all of them it seems best to just move on. </philosophical rhetoric>

In any case, I'm going to catch a lot of fish and I will try to report back on which flies work.

Jimboha!

Lazybugger - Do you have a tracking no. for your package by any chance or did you send it by general mail?

I sent em just normal mail ... was told it would only take about 10 days to get there .. lol I really hope they arrive soon ... I was pretty pleased with them ... semi realistic ...

OK Lazybugger's flies are coming from New Zealand. Got to wait for them.

Oh, I can't wait to hear this Rock Hill postal story, flies going to New Zealand, Hong Kong, Canada and Sacramento :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob it will be a mystery wrapped up in an enigma covered with hyperbole. Or something close. Cencal gave me a tracking number, he had some life issues and I said you all could wait. They are in the mail. Lets see what happens with Lazy's flies in the meanwhile.

Lol I am happy to tie up some more and send them express track n trace just in case ... the cost does not bother me in the slightest and when / if the others arrive someone can have some freebies ... lol only slightly annoying thing is I was rather proud of the ones I tied Haha ... will just have to mAke sure this set is better ... besides I don't feel like people getting annoyed or giving us kiwis a bad name because the post man sucks

Do we have a new ETA on this swap? I just went through a lot of my red stimulators and yellow stimulators catching a mess of cutthroats, rainbows, and brookies. Sure would be nice to have some more adult stonefly patterns. :)

How many are we missing now? Could you send me what we do have before the end of this week so I can use them on my next trip next week (leaving Thursday)? Otherwise I fear they will just sit in my fly box all winter until next summer.

Jimboha!

You will have to wait I am away for business until Friday.

Sure. But if you haven't sent them yet, please hang on to them. They won't get here by Wednesday which is the last delivery day before I leave.

Thanks.

Jimboha!

The flies are on their way. MTFlyjunkie your flies arrived. Thanks. Several people had life get in the way of swapping, that happens. Gives you a true sense of gratitude how your life is going and that there for the grace of God go I.