Fly Tying

Ths evening I took my daughter out to the river for a quiet evening of fishing. She isn't that good at casting a flyrod yet so she brought her spining rod and a mepps spinner. Trout being our target for dinner tomorrow night we hit a spot on the rifle that never lets me down. I waded out into the shallows and start casting my ehc into the edge of the pool while my daughter headed upstream to a spot we call trout rock. Her 4th cast and its fish on a nice 20 inch bow. After she lands the fish she came down and said "I caught us dinner now I'm gong to the truck to get a trash bag to clean up from the canoers". I was so happy I quit fishing and we cleaned up 2 bags of trash then headed home. When we got home I watched my wife teach my daughter how to clean the trout. I realized then exactly how lucky of a man I truely am!

Nice Paul. Glad to hear she's having more luck than me on the river LOL. Nice job on cleaning up the tourist's trash also. I finally got my fly rod out and caught a couple Rainbows on the West Branch of the Rifle this week. They were actually hitting something I tied. Must've been cus they were freshly stocked fish. :rolleyes: I need to do some more exploring to find some of those spots of yours now that I have a little free time. :ph34r:

maybe around the first week of september we can hook up and fish some of my honey holes for browns

That would be awesome. I'll have to save some PTO. The water is probably pretty warm right now eh? I saw a couple small browns in the West Branch. I just checked it out for the first time this week and there wasn't much going on except for a few stocked Bows. Also, have you ever fished the upper areas in the Summer? I went up to a stream off the Rifle up by Selkirk last summer and there were trout jumping everywhere half hour before dark... but I was exploring and didn't really fish.

Great story. Obviously, you and your wife have been good mentors. Congrats. A nice story and you should be proud.

thanks feathers we try to instill the importance of our natural resources and our responsibility to keep them clean so they are there to enjoy in years to come

Josh if you hit in by the highbanks by your house and head up into them deeper pockets by the mouth of bear creek all the way up to just north of Jackpine you will do okay the small creek on the northside is either Klacking or Johnson they both hold some good brookies and bows as for summer trout I always do good from Moffat North to the swimming hole or fish the source by the rifle river recreation area in rose city or if you get in the west branch at m33 and fish down stream to where it connects to the main stream the browns pocket up in the deep shadow pools and besides a handfull of people no one fishes it

Nice Paul. Glad to hear she's having more luck than me on the river LOL. Nice job on cleaning up the tourist's trash also. I finally got my fly rod out and caught a couple Rainbows on the West Branch of the Rifle this week. They were actually hitting something I tied. Must've been cus they were freshly stocked fish. I need to do some more exploring to find some of those spots of yours now that I have a little free time.

Maillot France

Nice Paul.I wish more people taught their kids to be good stewards of the outdoors . Glad to hear your getting to do some post surgery fishing.

Fred