Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For July

Here is the thread for July. This is so you can claim your pattern for July. Also, there is a list of what each monthly swap for the rest of the year is about. Those who joined the Swap Club in the last month or two can use this information, and it will be a good reminder for everyone else. First, the list of swappers and then the list of what kind of fly for each month.

1. Breambuster - SM - Hairy Tom

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Wet Damsel Adult

3. Famil00 - Received - All Flies For The Rest Of The Year

4. Rural - Received

5. IMX - Received

6. Eastern Fly - Received

7. David McVey - Uncle Sam Clouser

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Received July

9. Andydoc - Received (2 sets, June & July)

10. FrequentTyer - Rubber Legged Dragon - Received

11. Fshrmanms - Greasy Monkey - Received

12 Crackleback- Received

July - Eyes - Bead Chain, Mono Eyes, etc

August - Dubbing

September - Rubber Legs

October - Nymph

November - Foam

December - Your Favorite Bluegill Fly

Take Care

BB

BB, I take it you opened my flies and found them acceptable. I do have a question for you. For my July envelope does it have the Aurora or Oswego IL address?

-Forrest

Fam, all of your flies look good to me. I checked and all 3 envelopes for June, July & August have the Aurora address on them. If we need to make a change, let me know.

BB

Fam, all of your flies look good to me. I checked and all 3 envelopes for June, July & August have the Aurora address on them. If we need to make a change, let me know.

BB

BB,

Thanks for the heads up. The flies for July and August should have the Oswego IL address on them as we are moving July 30th! Our house will be done ahead of schedule.

-Forrest

Would you like for me to see what I can do about salvaging the stamps off those two envelopes and sending those 2 months worth of flies to the other address? I think I have a few envelopes like the last ones you sent. I bought a packet of them because Foambug, when he was in the swap, never did send me a return envelope. Let me know.

BB

Would you like for me to see what I can do about salvaging the stamps off those two envelopes and sending those 2 months worth of flies to the other address? I think I have a few envelopes like the last ones you sent. I bought a packet of them because Foambug, when he was in the swap, never did send me a return envelope. Let me know.

BB

Just write the other address on a piece of folded computer printer paper and tape it over the one that I wrote on there and it should be fine as long as its taped well. Sorry about the inconvenience.... Did not expect to be moving early!

-Forrest

For July I am going to tie a rubber legged dragon.

In addition to using bead chain eyes, it uses rubber legs and is one of my all time favorites, so I'll have to do some quick thinking to come up with something original for 2 of the other months!

Mike.

Here is the thread for July. This is so you can claim your pattern for July. Also, there is a list of what each monthly swap for the rest of the year is about. Those who joined the Swap Club in the last month or two can use this information, and it will be a good reminder for everyone else. First, the list of swappers and then the list of what kind of fly for each month.

1. Breambuster - SM

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer -

4. Rural

5. IMX -

6. Eastern Fly

7. David McVey -

9. Andydoc -

10. FrequentTyer - CBZB

11. Fshrmanms -

12 Crackleback-

August - Dubbing

September - Rubber Legs

October - Nymph

November - Foam

Take Care

BB

1. Breambuster - SM

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer -

4. Rural

5. IMX -

6. Eastern Fly

7. David McVey -

9. Andydoc -

10. FrequentTyer - CBZB

11. Fshrmanms -

12 Crackleback-

August - Dubbing

September - Rubber Legs

October - Nymph

November - Foam

Take Care

BB

I have updated the original post to indicate what several of you are tying. Also, I have acknowledged that AndyDoc's flies are now in for June & July, so you will be getting 2 sets from him with the July shipment.

I am going to be tying a new fly, for me, for July. The best way to learn to tie a new pattern is to tie up a dozen or so, and that's what I'm going to be doing. The pattern is called a "Hairy Tom" or a "Deer Hair Tom." I first learned about this pattern from our own RRSS or Riff, and he learned it from a guy on these boards called Floyd. Riff has developed his own version of this pattern and he does an outstanding job with it. I think that Floyd's version is a little easier for me to tie and that's what I'm going to be working with. I'm going to tie up about 15 of them and send you guys the best and fish with the rest. Floyd recommends that you coat this fly with "Gink" or "Bug Float." I have tried "Gink" and it works great for me. The thing floats like a cork since I used some Gink on it. I would love to hear some fishing reports from you guys when you get this fly.

I ran into a bit of a problem with the June set of flies and I hate to beat a dead horse, but here I go again. There was one envelope that had the postage label that the Postal Clerk can print up for you and I had to do some FAST talking to keep from having to pay postage on it again. The Postal Clerk insisted that since the date on the printed postage label was about 3 weeks old, it MUST HAVE been used before and therefore it wasn't valid. She wanted me to pay for stamps to go on the envelope. I finally convinced her that it had NOT been used, and she grudgingly agree to send it on, but she said it would probably either be returned to me or else it would be delivered "Postage Due" because it was out of date and everyone would assume that it had already been used before. I know it take a couple of extra minutes, while the Postal Clerk goes to look for some stamps, but it sure makes life a LOT easier for me if you will use real postage stamps and not those printed out postage things.

Thanks to all of you for joining this swap club. We have a great group of swappers and the flies we get each month are AWESOME! Keep up the great work!

Take care

BB

Running a bit late this month, but these will be in the mail first thing tomorrow morning.

Rubber Legged Dragon

Hook: #10 Heavy Wet Fly

Thread: Danville 3/0 red

Eyes: Medium (1/8”) gold bead chain

Tail: Black Rabbit

Legs: Medium red round rubber

Body: Black chenille

RubberLeggedDragon.JPG

Sorry about the picture quality. I was in a hurry and already had them in the envelope before I looked at the pictures.

Mike.