Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For July

My flies went in the mail today. I tied a panfish charlie variation.

Hook: TMC 200R #12

Thread: Black

Body: Silver flat braid

Wing: Purple marabou

Eyes: Bead chain

dscn0226r.jpg

-Mike

Fshrmanms, yeah, your flies arrived a couple of days ago. I just hadn't gotten around to posting it. Great tie. I really like these.

Everyone, I've also updated the original post of this thread to show whose flies are in. And we've got three sets in the mail; Crackleback, Frequent Tyer & Riff. That only leaves 3 more guys. I'm sure we will be hearing from Rural, IMX & David soon.

Good work, everyone.

BB

mine are done and should be in the mail today...sorry for the delay

Thanks, IMX.

Two more sets of flies arrived today. One set from Frequent Tyer and the other from Crackleback. Great ties, guys. Thanks

BB

Rural's flies arrived today and they are VERY nice! Only a few more sets and they will all be here.

Eastern Fly will be moving soon, to take a new job, and will have to drop out after August. I already have his August set of flies. We have someone on the waiting list, but so far, they haven't answer my invitation to join. Does anyone know someone who might would be interested in joining us for September through December? Four months. Let me know.

BB

Im no professional, but if you need someone I could probably help the rest of the year.

12 flies I assume? I looked at the topic list already.

Feel free to PM me!

just checkin in to see in my flies made it...

regards,

imx

We got 2 more sets of flies today. One set from David McVey. David, the top came off your box, but all the flies were safely inside the envelope. Thanks for the extras. We are in good shape with yours.

And the 2nd set was Riff's 2nd attempt to get a set of flies through to me. Riff, they got here safe and sound. Thanks! And thanks for the extra fly and the extra material. Looks real good. I love the fly. You and I are going to have to talk about that. Got my fingers, toes & eyes crossed for you tomorrow. Good luck. Praying that all goes well.

I know I'm not going to be able to get these divided up today. I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators all day (not literally) but I may be able to work on it tomorrow. I'll do my best.

Take care, guys.

BB

The July flies are in the mail. There were some great flies in this set and I'm sure that any fly in the swap will catch fish.

I did have to pay $1.95 to put postage on top of an unused "metering strip" because it was out of date and considered to be no good. Stamps are always good, but "metering strips" are only good for the date on which you purchase them. I don't know if they are cracking down on that, or what, but the post office lady wouldn't accept it with an out-of-date metering strip.

Thanks, guys, for the extras.

Take care

BB

Got home from the river a while ago to find the July batch in the mail whew! nice set! wish I had them this morning, the bream were hungry! three flies were destroyed! the last bug Riff did, one yellow/orange with a gold bead, and the one with the dear hair folded over to make the head (hopper looking bug). Maybe I'll have to go back in the morning if the wind stays down.