Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

ready for tailing

See you got the painting down. Very good flies. Do the brown trout take these? or is it generally the more agressive species that chase them down. I've not really seen the poppers used in fresh water UK unless its for pike.

these a mainly for bass and panfish but i have had trout hit them but not that often

i do believe poppers were/are being used in england for trout. at least that was in an article i read in on of the british fly fishing magazines years ago

GREAT WORK!! Beautiful paint jobs. I would encourage you to try simply Krystal Flash as the only tailing material on a few. It is quick and simple to attach, and the fish seem to love it. I use it on some of my foam bodied flies with great success.

Regards.

post-8431-0-49127500-1341265803_thumb.jpg

post-8431-0-59277900-1341265963_thumb.jpg

post-8431-0-50807500-1341265979_thumb.jpg

post-8431-0-78154000-1341266014_thumb.jpg

That's one hell of a paint job sir....each and every one is a picture of perfection. Don't forget to post the finished products for us

Murray

Beautiful bugs Norm! Seems like you have a bit of artist in you. Can't wait to see the finished "fly" especially pictured in the mouth of those slimy cold water fish up your way. I heard big brown trout will come up for poppers right at dark.

Kirk