Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
MTFlyJunkie

Versa Tip line?

I don't own it myself, but a buddy uses it and I cast it a bit on his awhile back just to see how it felt. Before trying it I figured it might have that annoying "hinged" feel to it since it is an interchangeable system, but I have to say I was pretty surprised that it cast very smoothly and had no ill feelings at all to it.

Steve

I have it for my 7wt. I like it alot. No hinging with mine. It loads well,and the ability to swap lines has come in handy for me. The one thing that did surprise me that the leader end didnt have loops. Mine came with a clear Intermediate, class 3, class 6, class 8 and a floating.

Kevin

It seems like a good idea and I have been going through fly line about every 3 months and that is starting to bug me. Is it a pretty durable line? Kevin I have heard of people under lining the rod to keep from it hanging up did you do that?

It seems like a good idea and I have been going through fly line about every 3 months and that is starting to bug me. Is it a pretty durable line? Kevin I have heard of people under lining the rod to keep from it hanging up did you do that?

What you doing to your lines? I don't think you need to underline your rod if its a fast action rod. With the faster sinking tips you need a bit of guts in the rod to lift up and out so maybe under weighting the rod helps if folk struggle to lift the deep sunk lines.

No I didnt. When my lines came they where labled 7wt execpt for the type 8,it was listed as a 8 wt. My primary focus for getting it was for my streamers. I like it.

Kevin

Yeah I didn't like the idea of underlining either nut the idea was that the loops would be easier on the guides I would like it for streamers also but then it seems easier to go to the floating on the river without the hassle of changing spools