Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
lostnwilderness

Howdy!

Howdy everyone!

New on here. I have been fishing for 31 years fly fishing for 23 of those. I got started fishing when I could barely stand. I am not species specific - if it pulls, I will fish for it. South Appalachian Brook trout are my favorite. Fist time I ever messed with trying to tie my own flies I think I was 13 or 14. I got good at the infamous woollybugger but never progressed past that. Fast forward to present day, I am fishing twice a week and finally decided to start tying my own. It is most definitely an art and unfortunately, one that I don't think will come easy. I have most all of the tools I need and picked up the Orvis book as a general guide. As I am sure I will be asking a ton of questions, I thought I ought to introduce myself and say hi.

Thanks in advance for all of your help! Forums like this one are amazing resources!

-lostnwilderness

Lost

Welcome to the forum, sounds as though you have the fishing bug. Well you are in a Great Place to get help or advice if you need it.

If I can ever help let me know.

Jeff

Welcome to the forum. Another great source for inspiration and teaching is videos. You tube has some great lessons and a lot of the tiers are here on our forum. We also have a video section on the forum now (recently added) so you can find some good stuff without going too far

Murray