Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mybadhabit

Mystery boxes are being stolen

We have an individual on the forums that has taken part in Mystery box swaps and has ended all responses when he received the boxes:

Don Johnson

19689 Pairgin Rd

Bristol Va 24202

if anyone live in the area or knows this individual aka Fisheyedon, please contact me, he has both box 1 of the mystery material box and the mystery fly box, added up it's over $200 worth of materials and flies. I have been in touch with a neighbor via a little net surfing, but they said there was no way they were going to pass a note on to them. I am ready to get the Postal Inspector and local police involved, but if there is anyone on here that would be willing to help, it would be much appreciated. I've called the local police station, but no one ever answers the phone, so I don't really know what else to do. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

Blane

I belong to a motorcycle forum and had someone get parts but did not send payment.I think you can contact the Post Office and get them for mail fraud.

This does not surprise me one bit Blane. After all this isnt the first box to get stolen. However I am please to see that your taking action against the thief. I would certainly contact the postal service.

Is it a strange coincidence that his name is Don Johnson? :lol:

The address you provided is registered to a Shelley Moore. You can do a reverse address look up on 411.com. You may get her phone number there also. We had a swapmeister do the same thing. He stole over 200 fishing flies. People that do this are scumbags!

Book 'em Dano!

Pursue it.

Even if nothing is accomplished, if there are enough complaints

and someone does get it brought forward it gives them ammo for court.

It establishes a pattern of theft.

Wow! These days of society has gotten bad things like this lurking makes it really terrible.

Good luck getting them back.

This is the first I have heard of this. But I just looked up "fisheyeDon" and it shows that he has not been on the forum since Sep 19 2011 04:41 PM...that is almost a year ago, so how could he even be in this most recent mystery box swap?

Steve

This is why I quite the Mystery Box after loading it up with bags of wood duck and teal feathers (enough for everyone on the list at that time), only to have them all taken by a single individual.

Its a shame that people take advantage of the generosity of others. I used to participate in more fly swaps but not so much lately.

But i am sure if you look on craigslist or ebay you may find what was in the box. Or a part of it anyway. Still sucks that this has to happen

I looked on craigslist around that area and couldn't find anything. When did he take them? They could have already been sold.

It is not our practice to share personal information on members. But from what I was told by someone that did some searching, the box is not sold or on craigslist/ebay. Let's just say wherever the box is sitting it will probably be sitting there for the next 15 years :unsure: