Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

Is there a certain area or time of year that these flies will be used?

I just send them to the national office and they decide which retreat will receive them. There are retreats all over the country, but most are from late spring to early fall. That is why the fly patterns suggested are fairly universal in use.

Bob, I hate to mention this, but there are only five subgroups of flies (beadhead nymphs, attractor dries, terrestrials, woolly buggers and parachute Adams), so if we tie two of each, that only makes 10 flies. Am I confused or were those three years I spent in the fourth grade not wasted? :lol:

Bob, I hate to mention this, but there are only five subgroups of flies (beadhead nymphs, attractor dries, terrestrials, woolly buggers and parachute Adams), so if we tie two of each, that only makes 10 flies. Am I confused or were those three years I spent in the fourth grade not wasted? :lol:

:lol:

I think maybe we leave that one to personal preference. ;)

I'll probably tie more woolly buggers and nymphs than other patterns, and a smattering of terrestrials

Don't over think this, you could tie six wooly buggers, four bead heads, two terrestrials and no adams or attractors, any combination that adds up to 12. B)

Don't over think this, you could tie six wooly buggers, four bead heads, two terrestrials and no adams or attractors, any combination that adds up to 12. B)

I am rarely accused of over thinking anything. :) My query was based on your original criteria. Since I don't like tying parachutes, I will probably sub in some beadhead nymphs.

I am rarely accused of over thinking anything. :) My query was based on your original criteria. Since I don't like tying parachutes, I will probably sub in some beadhead nymphs.

Perfect! B)

Happy to help, sign me up.

Utyer,

Apparently your mail box is full so I cannot send you a PM with my address or to wish you Happy Birthday. Hope you have a great day. B)

fishingbobnelson,

My flies are on there way. Please let me know when they arrive.

Geozip

Thanks so much for your donation, will let you know when they get here B)

A big THANKS to J.Stockard for the 14 fly boxes they donated for this project. They arrived today, please support them if you can. They not only did this, but also support the Fly Tying Forum.

post-20459-0-42057900-1343332858_thumb.jpg

Hey Bob,

Flies will be in the mail Monday.

Patterns include

3 x #8 woolly buggers

2 x 10 PTN's

2 x 12 PTN's

1 x #8 ant

1 x #10 hopper

1 x #8 red tag (long shank)

1 x #8 black spinner (long shank)

1 x #8 geehi beetle.

I hope they are up to standard mate.

Hey Bob,

Flies will be in the mail Monday.

Patterns include

3 x #8 woolly buggers

2 x 10 PTN's

2 x 12 PTN's

1 x #8 ant

1 x #10 hopper

1 x #8 red tag (long shank)

1 x #8 black spinner (long shank)

1 x #8 geehi beetle.

I hope they are up to standard mate.

I'm sure they will be great. Looking forward to seeing them, will let you know when they arrive B)