Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

I still have not had any response from MTFlyjunkie from my PMs regarding this project. Unless there serious objections, if I do not hear from him, or receive his flies by next Saturday (9/22/2012) I am calling an end to this. Thanks to several of you I have enough extra flies to fill out his box. I will just take his name of and list it as a Fly Tying Forum donation. Thanks to all of you for your continued support of Casting For Recovery.

Tight Lines to All,

Bob

Not to be too harsh about it, but I hope you will report the non-responding participant to the site administrators for possible inclusion on a banned swappers list. It really chaps my hide when somebody signs up for a swap, then does not come through or is very late with their flies. The least they could do is let you know they can't fulfill their obligation. That is one of the main reasons I stopped hosting swaps and had not participated in one for some time. I was tired of dealing with people who could not follow simple directions or meet deadlines.

I have been sorting through some of my storage boxes and have a few dozen flies I don't need and would be happy to donate either to you or directly to Casting for Recovery. :)

Not to be too harsh about it, but I hope you will report the non-responding participant to the site administrators for possible inclusion on a banned swappers list. It really chaps my hide when somebody signs up for a swap, then does not come through or is very late with their flies. The least they could do is let you know they can't fulfill their obligation. That is one of the main reasons I stopped hosting swaps and had not participated in one for some time. I was tired of dealing with people who could not follow simple directions or meet deadlines.

I have been sorting through some of my storage boxes and have a few dozen flies I don't need and would be happy to donate either to you or directly to Casting for Recovery. :)

I am sure CFR would be happy to have them. You can get a donation form and the address from their website:

http://castingforrecovery.org/wordpress/home/

Here are the fly boxes that are going in the mail this morning. We did have one no show, but thanks to you there were more than enough flies to make up for that. Plus there were enough extras to put together an extra fly box. Thank you all so much for your help with this project. Tight Lines to all of you, Bob

post-20459-0-05799000-1348328129_thumb.jpg

post-20459-0-77247500-1348328149_thumb.jpg

post-20459-0-20598900-1348328167_thumb.jpg

post-20459-0-03830000-1348328187_thumb.jpg

I attended the Ohio CFR retreat 2 weeks ago. It was great to see the ladies' reactions to their fly boxes--they were amazed at the bugs they received! I know you guys were helping out another CFR chapter, but I'm sure they were just as delighted to receive such a cool gift.

Thanks!