Fly Tying
fishingbobnelson

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

Just a clarification please Bob? Your original post suggests you want each of us to submit 12 assorted flies. Wouldn't it be easier if each of us picked one pattern from your list and tyed a dozen identical flies? (One for each of your boxes.) I know I spend more time finding materialsand setting up for each pattern than it takes to tye half-a-dozen flies.

If we each tie twelve flies every participant gets the same number, but not the same selection. That way each box is personal for the attendee. You do not need to tie 12 different flies, you can tie two or three of the same pattern, maybe using different colors; i.e. a brown and a black wooly worm two size 8 and two size 10. There is not deadline when they need to be to CFR, I am thinking of a due date probably toward the end of August or first of September. Hope that makes sense. B)

I'm in but are these flies going to Mexico? LOL Had to say that. I will mail them from Charlotte, NC not South Carolina

I'm in if you'll have me. I have two breast cancer survivors in my immediate family. Thanks for doing this, Bob.

gpd4

OK Dave filled the last spot. Thank you to all who have volunteered. Is September 8th OK for a due date? That is six weeks and a couple of days. If you have any problems with the due date just let me know. B)

Sounds good mate. I've a weekend to myself this week so hopefully I'll find the time in between Fishing.

OK Dave filled the last spot. Thank you to all who have volunteered. Is September 8th OK for a due date? That is six weeks and a couple of days. If you have any problems with the due date just let me know. B)

Sept. 8 works for me. Are we to tie two of the same pattern for each subset of flies (i.e., two beadhead gold-ribbed hare's ears), or can it be one each of two patterns?

Sept. 8 works for me. Are we to tie two of the same pattern for each subset of flies (i.e., two beadhead gold-ribbed hare's ears), or can it be one each of two patterns?

Anyway you want to tie them, just so there are twelve.