Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Whitner

Just An Introduction, from FL

Hey guys, been lurking for over a year now and have enjoyed seeing what everyone else is tying and learning a few things on the way. I'm a third generation Central Floridian and Flyfisherman. Just wanted to introduce myself. I fish our Indian River Lagoon system for reds and trout when I am not in the Keys chasing bonefish and permit. I look forward to the continued tips/tricks that I find on here.

Here a few recent ones from the vise

40d974bb.jpg

7c605804.jpg

9779129a.jpg

cad80134.jpg

07ff5bda.jpg

c78b70ae.jpg

Welcome to forum and great looking flies, I look forward to seeing more of your work. What area of the IRL do you fish? I usually fish the Sebastian/Ft. Pierce area a few times a year.

Welcome! I'm from MI, but a die hard FL fisherman and travel there frequently. Im not real active in Saltwater tying in the summer as I am concentrating on tying for freshwater fish up here. But you can bet, Ill be tying up some saltwater stuff come fall.

Beware of PeterJay in the salt section, he is a squirrly one. Wait till you get him talking about wig hair! :unsure: :lol:

Beware of PeterJay in the salt section, he is a squirrly one. Wait till you get him talking about wig hair! :unsure: :lol:

Ya know, I just got off the phone with my lawyer, and he was complaining about business being slow. Think I'll call him back and send a little defamation of character work his way. Ben, just keep an eye peeled for a brown envelope with a return address: "From the law offices of Sharkey 'C-Note' Nosferatu, Esq." The contents will bear an amazing resemblance to a summons.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - welcome to the forum Whit, you tie some real nice flies. And don't pay any attention to Ben; he hasn't been the same since his sex-change operation went awry.

Witner, Pleasure to meet you.I to have just joined and I am overwelmd of all the info on this site. your FLIES ARE AWSOME! Im on the west coast ST.PETE Im just starting out tying I fish alot of saltwater and have a few freshwater ponds close.Tying clousers and and Bass Poppers for now. Please to met you. NICE RED!

Ya know, I just got off the phone with my lawyer, and he was complaining about business being slow. Think I'll call him back and send a little defamation of character work his way. Ben, just keep an eye peeled for a brown envelope with a return address: "From the law offices of Sharkey 'C-Note' Nosferatu, Esq." The contents will bear an amazing resemblance to a summons.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - welcome to the forum Whit, you tie some real nice flies. And don't pay any attention to Ben; he hasn't been the same since his sex-change operation went awry.

Who would've thought going to Guatemala for surgery would be a bad idea :blink:

and Whit hopefully you dont take it personally that we hijacked your thread! Those are some great ties. We like to have fun in the saltwater section, at PeterJay's expense of course.

Hey guys, no offense taken. Thanks for the compliments on my flies.

I fish mostly the north River and Mosquito Lagoon up this way. Most of my flies are tied for throwing at sighted fish in skinny water.

Good luck with the sex change issues. I would yield to his recommendations though and stay out of Central America for any further operations. I hear Brazil is now the place to go. You may leave though with more, or less, than you bargained for.

Welcome Whitner, beautiful flies and red, looks like you may just fit in with these other nuts gentlemen (don't want no envelope from Peterjay)

Murray

Compliments on your flies. Are you a member of the FF club in NSB? They sure seemed to be a good bunch when I was down there last winter. I am sure you will enjoy it here. Lots of knowledge is passed along here. I see you fish from a kayak. May I inquire about your selection?

Welcome Whitner, beautiful flies and red, looks like you may just fit in with these other nuts gentlemen (don't want no envelope from Peterjay)

Murray

Not to worry Murray - I seem to recall that you're up on Cape Breton. If so, you're safe - like most civilized nations, Canada has made it abundantly clear that neither my distinguished counselor nor myself are welcome within that country's borders. Something to do with selling the island of Newfoundland to a group of Chinese investors.

Ditz2, I do fish a lot from the 'yak. We have some "no motor zone" areas around here that have big, unpressured redfish that are willing to eat a fly. I fish from an Emotion Grandslam. It's a 13 ft hull that I can stand and pole in without a problem. When it's time to throw the fly, it has an open cockpit that allows me to keep the fly line in without worry of tangles. There's no hull slap either and out of all the kayaks I've fished from, the Emotion has everything for a shallow water fly angler, stability, stealth, quick and an open layout. Here's an example of a typical "no motor zone" red on fly.

IMG_3489.jpg

Ditz2, I do fish a lot from the 'yak. We have some "no motor zone" areas around here that have big, unpressured redfish that are willing to eat a fly. I fish from an Emotion Grandslam. It's a 13 ft hull that I can stand and pole in without a problem. When it's time to throw the fly, it has an open cockpit that allows me to keep the fly line in without worry of tangles. There's no hull slap either and out of all the kayaks I've fished from, the Emotion has everything for a shallow water fly angler, stability, stealth, quick and an open layout. Here's an example of a typical "no motor zone" red on fly.

IMG_3489.jpg

Im a bowing to you through my computer.. Nice fish my friend, nice fish. :lol:

welcome to the forum some great ties and awesome fish I would be careful talking to much to ben and peter though both them guys are known criminals in the fly tying forum world being sent to their respective rooms on many occasions for bragging and being true deviants

Nice flies, and awsome fish. Now if I could only sell my house and get my butt down there.

And to think that I was happy catching 20" speckled trout :lol: :D