Fly Tying
br_fly

Custom Fly Tying Bench

373 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have been using a computer cabinet but mrs has been objecting to storage totes everywhere. So in the planning stages of a rework. Going to be hitting ikea. Folding wall mount tables are the beginning. Plenty of storage with wall mounted cabinets and srorage drawers. I hope to post pics as the work begins later on this month.

Mine is the world’s smallest (5 x 10) man cave crammed with stuff – the reason for the dinky, cheesy pressboard desk. Tailgate tyer so the toolbox traveling kit always has something I need and must come out even for general tying at home. Also a niche tyer (vintage tools and all natural materials) and the 4-drawer wooden box is the traveling kit for that. The little metal cabinet with plastic drawers is overflow for silk, tinsels and other natural spooled materials. The desk drawers have vintage tools, dubbing and some tackle. The plastic tubs on top have overflow capes, skins and other bulk.

attachicon.gifFly desk 1.jpg

attachicon.gifFly desk 2.jpg

attachicon.gifFly desk 3.jpg

This is flippin' awesome. VERY nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found a roll top desk at a thrift store for under $150. More storage than I could fill up in, well, several months. And everything closes up to keep the dust off and stay out of sight when not in use. Thrift stores are the bomb for fly tying storage!

post-28950-0-82102600-1384020538_thumb.jpg

Found a roll top desk at a thrift store for under $150. More storage than I could fill up in, well, several months. And everything closes up to keep the dust off and stay out of sight when not in use. Thrift stores are the bomb for fly tying storage!

Very nice score and desk Andy, It will fill up quicker than you think. Please don't ask me how I know this.

Im new to this Site but find it exciting to see other peoples space. Mainly Im a jig tier (30+ years) and have just started tying flies. Here is my setup now. I plan on purchasing a similar workbench and a proper fly vise so they will be side by side.

post-51867-0-10987300-1391386938_thumb.jpg