Fly Tying
lostnwilderness

Caught my first fish on MY fly!!!!

Caught a nice rainbow in the first hole today on a fly I TIED!!!!! That was a super cool experience especially since dad was still gearing up on a rock right beside where I nailed it!

Sorry, just had to share!

Awesome and congratulations! I just recently caught my first fish on a fly and one I tied myself. Now it has me wanting to be out there fishing every waking minute. Keep up the good work!

Caught a nice rainbow in the first hole today on a fly I TIED!!!!! That was a super cool experience especially since dad was still gearing up on a rock right beside where I nailed it!

Sorry, just had to share!

Congrats i remember my first fish a 6lb cat and unfortunately broke my rod <_< but lessons learned. catching a fish on a fly that you tied is such a thrill glad to have more and more people join us in the fly tying/ fly fishing world. :D

Nothing sweeter than that first fish on a fly that came from your own hands!! Congrats and welcome to the club!! :D

Congratulations, Bro! Hope it's the first of thousands. You won't be forgetting that fish any time soon - I caught a rainbow on the first fly I ever tied, and I still remember every detail after 50 years.

The only thing that was equal to catching a fish on one of my flies was watching my kids catch fish on my flies,.

Congrats and hope that there are many more to come!!

To me that is one of the best things in life- the sence of pride in your product. Did you keep the fly... if it is not to torn up. If it is not you could put it in a picture frame with the fish picture behind. Belive me if you do that for every fish, well... I hope you have a big wall!

Well now you are addicted and there is no cure. You will spend all you money and pick up dead animals off the road. Great job, welcome to the group!

:D

I remember my first salmon on a fly i tied...it was the sweetest thing ever

Congrats!

Last year, me and a buddy were fishing a stretch of a stream together... I was hooking-up back-to-back on a nymph pattern that I tied, my buddy asked me about the fly I was using, so I gave him one... moments later he caught a Rainbow the size of a (American) football. It was a brute of a fish for the size of the stream. My buddy was super-excited. I was glad to assist with my own tied fly.

Remember my first fish I caught on my tied fly. It was Hot Creek last year during the General Opening weekend. It was only a 12" rainbow but it was awsome!