Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
michiganborn

Largest (freshwater!) fish you've caught on a fly?

SWEET Brookies...my biggest brookie this year was only a 14.5" Every picture of every fish is nice...steeldrifter, my car is a worn out (297 k) but I think I can make it from Virginia to Michigan on my bicycle. To have a chance at a king salmon like that, it would just make me pedal that much faster....

Well, I put my entry down too soon!!! I caught this beast of a river grass carp a couple days ago!!!

The fish taped in at 45", and i would guess to weigh 22-24lbs.

This fish put up an amazing fight for a grass carp, it took me almost 40 minutes to land even with an 8wt. and 10lb. flouro!!!

The fish was caught on an olive sz.8 rough dub craw that i tied only hours before the outing!!!

I do love carp....

0097-0002.jpg

Nice fish everyone!! I need to find a carp pond!

I landed a few 30+ inch pike in upper Wisconsin when I was a kid with my 8 weight! No pictures from then though, sorry..

Here are a few of my fish from this season... They were all over 20 inches, and landed with my 4 weight.

IMG_0476.JPG

fish.jpg

IMG_2585.JPG

post-30681-0-07577700-1349974909_thumb.jpg

52 pound Buffalo on a 12 wt in a light circle on my boat dock. I also landed a 48 pound Buff right before this girl chomped. Caught a few larger stripers on the fly but thought I would submit this one because she won't be the Belle of the Ball on this thread.

post-30681-0-07577700-1349974909_thumb.jpg

52 pound Buffalo on a 12 wt in a light circle on my boat dock. I also landed a 48 pound Buff right before this girl chomped. Caught a few larger stripers on the fly but thought I would submit this one because she won't be the Belle of the Ball on this thread.

That isn't a fish, that's a beast. :ph34r: