Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mike1958

Peacock herl anyone?

That's beautiful! I wonder if more of the other body feathers aren't used. Looks like some really nice barred feathers on the shoulder and saddle back.

Kirk

That's beautiful! I wonder if more of the other body feathers aren't used. Looks like some really nice barred feathers on the shoulder and saddle back.

Kirk

Besides the iridescent swords, the biots from the primary feathers are an unreal dark rusty-orange color; the closest I can get to describing it is 'Gothic punk rusty orange! Makes for killer wings and tails on Copper Johns :)

Here is a pic of one that ran out of gas and 'crash landed'. The whitish objects to the right are the wings of a pied Peacock (Normal color and white mixed).

My apologies for the glare, but was too tired to take it out of the clothes bag I keep it in.

Cheers!

Frank

post-8431-0-07588100-1344648313_thumb.jpg

had someone give me more peacock feathers than i know what to do with, but in true fly tyer fashion I just couldnt say no to free trying material

I get all the tails I need from a friend of my fathers that own several of them, nice bonus of having parents that live in the country.

hatchbro...

If you are referring to my peacock skin, I have two full cock ringneck skins hanging in my tying room, plus a dyed-red full tail! I also have the full peacock tail that goes with the two pied wings. I think I am good to go! (At least for a while!)

Cheers!

Frank