Fly Tying
riffleriversteelheadslayer

August Swap club 2012

this month is the month of the weave any fly that utilizes a weave technique due date is August 31,2012 yall know the routine have fun and challenge yourself

1.fly tryer--received

2.mybadhabit--received

3.MTFlyJunkie-

4.famill00--received all flies for rest of year

5.Piker20- -received

6.Breambuster--received

7.rural

8.Easternfly-received

9.Crackleback-received

10.Ebrant10--received

SM-me-stonefly nymph

Riff, sorry man been buisy and forgot to send August flies to ya. They are done and will be sent out Monday. Sorry again.

Evan

ok its the middle of September and I am still missing 2 sets I am going to remove rural and mtflyjunkie from the club and try to get replacements I will sort out the flies and get them in the mail Monday

They both seem to have dropped into a dark hole, no not Cleveland. A quick PM takes all of 5 seconds. Don't lose faith Riff.

I received a set of flies today from Riff, and I guess they are the flies for August. If so, I totally did something different from what everyone else did. When I opened the box, my eyes almost popped out! WOW!!! What a great set of flies! I've got to learn how to tie some of these! You guys all need to post a Step-By-Step so I can learn how to do this! The flies tied by Ebrant, Easternfly, Flytryer, Famil00 & Mybadhabit all appear to be the same kind of weaving. Outstanding work, guys. And I've GOT to learn how to tie the patterns that Crackleback & Riff tied. I need some help, guys. And Piker, I would go blind tying something that small, but it looks like the same kind of work on the body as Crackleback's so, a real salute to you as well. Sorry about what you guys got from me. I've got to step up my game.

BB

BB ones mans weaves another mans waggle. So long as your fly catches fish. The weave fly is not my regular style and I spent an age I front of you tube following a couple of techniques before settling on an old one I've used before. I find its great for achieving a heavy fly on a small hook while making the weight part of the attraction.