Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
netabrookie

Like Me?????

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I am not a computer whiz by no means, but I don't consider myself an all-out idiot either. My problem or question is that everywhere I look I see the the little things wanting me to like them. I understand the big social network where you have friends and are liked or disliked, but it seems to be everywhere. Even commercials for businesses want you to get online and "like" them. I always figured your actions or track record would determine if you were liked or accepted. I guess Im just getting older and dumber with the ways of the modern world, but I still can't understand having to ask someone to "like" you so others can see that you are "liked". I understand from a business perspective that you want to have a respectable reputation, but sales or service should ensure that, not asking people to like you. I'm fairly sure that after asking or throwing this out there that there are some that won't "like" me, but thats life I guess. I have asked a question or two on this forum that ruffled some tail feathers in the past, and that is not what I seek. I just thought that honesty was the best thing, but in a schemeing, scamming, basically dishonest world, I guess it pays to have people that trust you to speak up and "like" you. Any comments or words of wisdom would be welcome. Im glad to be back on here and I will try to not ask or start too many dumb topics in the future. Take Care.....

Yeah, funny how we see things differently as we get older. I agree with your thoughts here, and make it a point to treat everyone the same. I don't like anyone or anything! That way I don't have to worry about being accused of being prejudice or taking sides! :rolleyes:

When I was growing up "social networking" was not even heard of, we just called each other "buddies". The world sure has changed! :blink:

:lol:

Sorry....couldn't find the "LIKE" button.... :lol: In all honesty, I tend to use the "like" button if I am feeling in accordance with a statement or post, or I actually like someone's work and I am toooooo dang lazy to say so....

Murray

"Liking" a person, or statement or company or organization, opens your Facebook page up to access to that entity. You will start to see posts on your Facebook page from said place. Pretty soon you are buried in posts from places you "Liked" Then you have to start "unliking" them or stopping their feeds in other ways.

Becoming "Friends" on Facebook isn't "real" life. You get asked by "friends of friends," to be friends. These many "friends" are recommended by Facebook, but unless you know them, there isn't really any reason to be "friends" with people you don't know.

It's just a way to follow said company or service etc... it's a marketing ploy so if your on facebook you'll see the ads or post from the company and so will all your facebook "friends". I'm a young guy and i hate facebook for numerous reasons this is getting to be another reason. But I'm stuck with it since its the only network some of my friends use.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this