Fly Tying

Yeah, people who are with me are starting to complain, smells like a really ripe cheese and i have not washed them for 7 years *grin*...So what should i do, it's obviously the inside that is a furious odour. Can i take them in the shower inside out, just use soap?

Thankyou for helping me with my hygiene in advance B)

I like when you bend down and all the stink air comes up in your face from inside. hahahaha :lol:

I just throw baking soda in them maybe an air freshener... like the Christmas tree car kind

Best thing to do is FISH ALONE, VERY ALONE.

No seriously, STAY DOWN WIND.

Water doesn't hurt the OUTSIDE, so there should be no problem washing out the inside. Use a mild soap (no bleach.) Fold them down inside out, and scrub out the feet well, and work over the legs and upper parts with a soft bristle brush. Rince with a hose, and leave inside out to air dry.

There are soaps made for both neoprene and breathable waders.

Best thing to do is FISH ALONE, VERY ALONE.

No seriously, STAY DOWN WIND.

Water doesn't hurt the OUTSIDE, so there should be no problem washing out the inside. Use a mild soap (no bleach.) Fold them down inside out, and scrub out the feet well, and work over the legs and upper parts with a soft bristle brush. Rince with a hose, and leave inside out to air dry.

There are soaps made for both neoprene and breathable waders.

your the man!

Ahh that is interesting i can just chuck them in the washing machine! Nice! Might sprinkle some of that baking soda in after and make everyone happy as it has really gotten out of hand.

Cheapskate!!! 7 years? Maybe the ... aroma ... is an indicator. You know, like, it's indicating that you should buy a new pair of waders!!!

I am impressed, though. I can't get a pair of waders that last more than four years. Seams leak, or I tear a hole in them on some unseen pokey thingy in the water. Wading the waters of Florida is not good for waders, I guess.

my waders almost never get used than they are only 2 years and they stink... if only i could get over my fear of lake and river monsters and get in the water <_< always feel like there’s a 5 foot musky right at level with my nuts when i wade...

So i was forced to wash them, but watched that video from simms - so at home i will do the machine, but i turned them inside out and jumped in the shower and had a grand old time with a bar of soap, you should have seen the colour coming off, anyway....Now i jump in the car in my waders (yes i drive in them too) But i get this fresh scent of soap wafting up instead of Hong Kong sewer waste :D

Everyone is really happy now so it is all good!

Try to not pee in them :huh: ,

seriously, I would try just wearing your pants in them when its warm. It keeps the sweat right down. Did try it commando but your nuts get that rubber smell. Some folk I'm sure pay for that but i was never keen, seam wasn't great either :o

I haven't done the commando (lately) but I have gone down to my boxers. It is just too hot some days to wear much more but the water is too cold to wet wade....especially commando.

I thought only neoprene gave your gear that sex shop smell.

Paul

I thought only neoprene gave your gear that sex shop smell.

Paul

SEX SHOP! :unsure: I was talking about wetsuit smell B)

One of the first things we taught in scuba classes was not to pee in the wetsuit.

The same goes for waders! I guess when you are really cold, any warmth is welcome. :rolleyes:

There is a product made for washing wet suits that is supposed to clean and freshen them.

Just can't remember the name of it. And it might be too strong for waders.

Wash waders in washer,gentle cycle and warm but not hot water, let them air dry outside.

You can sprinke insides with baby powder to keep down odor and dampness from sweat.

And helps prevent chaffing on long days.

my waders almost never get used than they are only 2 years and they stink... if only i could get over my fear of lake and river monsters and get in the water <_< always feel like there’s a 5 foot musky right at level with my nuts when i wade...

no worries. a 5 foot musky would only be interested in a large bait.