Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Article - I did it myyyyyyy waaaaaayyyyy!

Nice read Mark cool.gif

I did things like that for many years and probably over looked alot of chances to catch fish by just doing what i had in mind before i even got to the river. Now i make it a point when i get to the river to sit down and have a smoke (bad habit) and watch the river while i have that smoke. Doing this gives me the chance to notice whats really going on around me before i even tie the fly on to the leader.

Hopefully i'll find a healthier way to pay attention to the river in the future wink.gif

SD

Mark-

You certainly have a way with words. Can't help but respect the humility you display by admitting to rarely having the patience to spend time surveying the environment before starting to fish. Was also impressed by your acute sensitivity to differing learning styles. If I were to guess concerning your occupation (or training), it would be "teacher."

In any event, although I've been repeatedly exposed to the concept of the “site survey" by a number of revered flyfishing writers, I've never read it so articulately and interestingly expressed. Now, if I can just remember once the adrenalin begins to pump.

Thanks for the great story,you have quite a talent with words.Surveying the area and patience ,can be applied to so many other parts of our daily existence, especially in the fast paced lives we are faced with. I find using this approach when tying flies is much more rewarding.

Thans again,

Pat Carroll

Thanks all! I am so blushing right now! Something that keeps me interested is trying to give the everyday view of what we do on the water. Most of us don't have the days that we read about in the books and magazines, and in keeping with the mindset of Fly Tying Forum, (Bringing fly fishing into everybody's reach) I gotta be honest. Besides, you'll know how bad I am when you fish with me anyway! laugh.gif

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this