Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Winter's nearly over

Went out in the tinny today for the first time in ages. Testing out my tie for thesnook swap and to generally take advantage of the warmer weather we're having at the moment. I love winters here at the best of times, but summer is nearly here, and the fish know it :D .

Started out with the pink and white marabou thing for the swap, and managed 3 or 4 baby tarpon to the boat before the leader wore through... I know, I was just impatient is all, and wanted the fly in the water while they were rolling.

post-22241-0-94445500-1345976416_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-11180700-1345976452_thumb.jpg

As I only had the one of those ties, I changed tied on a white clouser and had quite a bit of fun with small barramundi and mangrove jack for the rest of the morning. I got to watch most of the eats too B)

post-22241-0-74619600-1345976590_thumb.jpg

post-22241-0-46143800-1345976630_thumb.jpg

Your fish are very similar to ours in Florida ;The mangrove jack is almost identical to our mangrove snapper which will take a shrimp fly in a heart beat. Got a weak hurricane passing thru at this time. The fish here, get fired up after this kind of storm especialy the snook, tarpon and mangrove snapper. Looking forward to your fly.and thanx for the posting.

thanks guys.

Its always nice to get on to a couple. I look forward to a trip over your way in the not too distant future. Snook, snapper, Redfish and maybe one of your 'baby' poons :-)