Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Panama Red

The Almost Fishing Report

not sure if you can buy these state side. More expensive than a piece of cork or foam but a lot neater in your levi's

post-42518-0-63602400-1346866874_thumb.jpg

Waterbuoy by Seatriever

£8.89

Several reasons why I went to a lanyard.... not the least of which is all the things you need both hands for when a fish gets near the boat (or you have to drop your camera to use the pushpole, etc.). I've already had an earlier Optio go bad (the screen cracked and the factory replaced it - but I was the one paying...). Eventually it was no longer waterproof (found that out when I fell off of the poling platform as we were poling up on a big tarpon - no, the tarpon was not impressed...) so the Optio W-80 was its replacement. For ordinary anglers that have the luxury of just using their camera when their companion has a fish on that little float looks great...

Glad to hear you are up and at 'em Red...if that Speedo is your costume for the parade :blink: ...PJ , you can keep my application...that' scary!

Murray

So I ordered this.... Optio WG2

pentax-optio-wg2-06.jpg

Comes with a floaty gizmo strap, tripod, and more.

Man that thing looks space-age! Pretty sweet though. Next time I expect a picture with beer in it. Otherwise, it just doesn't count coming from you. If mail rules weren't so lame Id send you some of my home brewed beer. Ive been doing it for a few years and have had some real good ones (and a few bad :blink: )

PeterJay..Does the Florida lobotomy happen when you "move" across the stateline? Ya know I find myself visiting more and more every year. I need to make sure to maintain some level of sanity.

Man that thing looks space-age! Pretty sweet though. Next time I expect a picture with beer in it. Otherwise, it just doesn't count coming from you. If mail rules weren't so lame Id send you some of my home brewed beer. Ive been doing it for a few years and have had some real good ones (and a few bad :blink: )

PeterJay..Does the Florida lobotomy happen when you "move" across the stateline? Ya know I find myself visiting more and more every year. I need to make sure to maintain some level of sanity.

We'll have see if we can't arrange for a fishing and beer tasting excursion during one of you future sanity trips. Would be nice if we could get a few other members to attend and make it fly fishing polooza, PJ could be the official event photographer.

And remember, "What happens in Florida, stays on the internet".

A memorable moment from our last event.

unexplainableyk1.jpg

We'll have see if we can't arrange for a fishing and beer tasting excursion during one of you future sanity trips. Would be nice if we could get a few other members to attend and make it fly fishing polooza, PJ could be the official event photographer.

And remember, "What happens in Florida, stays on the internet".

A memorable moment from our last event.

unexplainableyk1.jpg

Id be down for some fishing and beer drinking, just let me know when and where!

However, PJ is going to be mad you posted that photo of him since you promised not too! Poor guy!

Ben, I'm probably not the best one to ask, since my unfortunate marital experience in Orlando has left me with an unsettled grudge against the Sunshine State. However, another even worse connubial debacle in Rhode Island, a scant four years after the first, left me with doubts that geography was entirely to blame. In fact, since I walked out of rehab (after crawling in) 27 years ago, I haven't staggered to the altar with anyone other than my present wife of 24 years. Of course, I've also avoided Florida like the plague, so it's anybody's guess whether sobriety or locale has been the driving force behind my present state of contentment.

What was your question? Oh yeah....... I don't think it takes much in the way of exposure for the lobes to shrivel. At the exact time I was being dragged into the Orlando Baptist Church, a close friend of mine from Connecticut was making his way to Key West with his girlfriend and was never seen again, at least not by anyone I know, not even the boys and girls at Google. (The fact that numerous hits of LSD were in his possession at the time may possibly have been a factor as well) I guess it boils down to a chicken-and-egg question: are loonies drawn to Florida, or is there some force lurking among the grapefruit trees that drives previously stable citizens into the dark depths of depravity? The world may never know. Besides, I’m already having enough trouble trying to dodge the reputation I’m acquiring here in my new hometown of Wachapreague. Thanks to my habit of carrying a machete and my six dogs who throw themselves against the chain link fence at any passerby, I’ve already become a man to be avoided whenever possible. Funny how reputations follow a person around.

BTW Ben, that is definitely not yours truly in the photo, although it must be admitted that there’s an uncanny resemblance. I would never be seen in such a drab, tacky thong, and the tattooed image of Paris Hilton that adorns my right buttock is missing. Nice try.