Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club For September

Legs!!! Who doesn't like legs? Bluegill love legs and especially the rubber kind, and that's what we will be tying for September. Send in your favorite Rubber Legged Bluegill fly.

1. Breambuster - SM -

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer - Received

3. Famil00 - Received - All Flies For The Rest Of The Year

4. OPEN SPOT! -

5. IMX - Received

6. Chefben4 - Received

7. David McVey -

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Received

9. Andydoc -

10. FrequentTyer - Received

11. Fshrmanms - Received

12 Crackleback-Received

Legs!!! Who doesn't like legs? Bluegill love legs and especially the rubber kind, and that's what we will be tying for September. Send in your favorite Rubber Legged Bluegill fly.

1. Breambuster - SM -

2. Riffleriversteelheadslayer -

3. Famil00 - Received - All Flies For The Rest Of The Year

4. Rural -

5. IMX - Received

6. Chefben4

7. David McVey -

8. Dreamcaster4639 - Received

9. Andydoc -

10. FrequentTyer -

11. Fshrmanms - Received

12 Crackleback-

Im tying up a bitch creek nymph for my first month on the swap!

I will be tying a Girdle Bug.

Mike.

Mine Bitch Creek Nymphs will be going out either today or tomorrow! Any suggestions on packaging them?

Put them in a crush proof box. I like Altoid boxes and many other swappers use them also. Then I buy 2 sizes of padded mailing envelopes at Wal-Mart. If you can find them in the 5 packs, they are less expensive. The larger size is 8 1/2 by 11 and the smaller size is about 5 by 7. I use the larger size to mail the flies to the swapmeister and the smaller size is the return envelope for the 'meister to use to send them back to me. Be sure that you put your address on the smaller envelope and be sure that the postal clerk puts real postage stamps on the return envelope. The metered labels are dated and are good only for the day that they are purchased. It's fine to put a metered label on the larger envelope as long as you mail the package to the 'meister right away. But the return envelope needs to have actual postage stamps on it. That's all there is to it. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Take care

BB

Put them in a crush proof box. I like Altoid boxes and many other swappers use them also. Then I buy 2 sizes of padded mailing envelopes at Wal-Mart. If you can find them in the 5 packs, they are less expensive. The larger size is 8 1/2 by 11 and the smaller size is about 5 by 7. I use the larger size to mail the flies to the swapmeister and the smaller size is the return envelope for the 'meister to use to send them back to me. Be sure that you put your address on the smaller envelope and be sure that the postal clerk puts real postage stamps on the return envelope. The metered labels are dated and are good only for the day that they are purchased. It's fine to put a metered label on the larger envelope as long as you mail the package to the 'meister right away. But the return envelope needs to have actual postage stamps on it. That's all there is to it. I'll let you know when they arrive.

Take care

BB

BB:

Flies are in the mail! Hopefully they arrive without a hitch!

Hey, Guys, If you haven't sent in your flies for September yet, it's time to do that. And remember that we have one open spot. If anyone wants in, just let me know.

BB

Two more sets arrived today for our September Swap and they are AWESOME! Frequent Tyer sent in some black and yellow Girdle Bugs that you are all going to really like and Crackleback sent in some bead head, wire bodied nymphs that will drive the 'gills wild. Thanks guys, I don't see why people aren't knocking down the door, hounding me every day to join this swap club. The flies that are coming out of it are all SO nice!

Take care

BB

Still no word from our two AWOL members. I'm going to do my best to get the flies divided up and back into the mail to all of you tomorrow. I'll keep two sets for our missing swappers for the time being.

Take care

BB

The September flies went out in today's mail. There are 9 flies in this set. We have a replacement for Rural beginning in October so that makes 11 swappers instead of 12 and we still have two swappers who are AWOL. I saved out a set for each of them in the off-hand chance that they might eventually resurface. Otherwise, I'll be sending your flies back to you.

Let me know when the September flies arrive at your house.

Take care

BB

The September flies went out in today's mail. There are 9 flies in this set. We have a replacement for Rural beginning in October so that makes 11 swappers instead of 12 and we still have two swappers who are AWOL. I saved out a set for each of them in the off-hand chance that they might eventually resurface. Otherwise, I'll be sending your flies back to you.

Let me know when the September flies arrive at your house.

Take care

BB

You can keep the extras of mine. You've been a great sm.

I got mine today! Guys/Gals, I can honestly say that I think this is the best overall set so far this year! Keep 'em coming. Even though two of us tied up girdle bugs, i think they are both useable in different situations. I can't wait to get these flies wet.

-Forrest

My set came in today. Fantastic guys! Every one of these will see water. Chefben4, I would love to know how you tied that collar.

BB, you can keep any extras from the dropouts as far as I'm concerned. I also noticed that you have been sending back one of my own flys the last few months. Any extras are there for you, so no need to send em back.

Mike.