Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
10%

Polly Rosborough

I've been a long time follower of Polly Rosboroughs work. I know some of you are familiar with his dubbing technique. He was also the most knowledgeable person I ever ran across on dyeing, hides and manmade material. Most of Pollys stuff is not held by the private sector and what you see is normally his bread and butter stuff, fuzzy nymphs. I listed a collection on Ebay that has some of his more colorful work. Even if you are not a collector, patterns like the Copper Rocket which emulate the huge crayfish that make the Williamson fish such footballs are worth a look....

His Rockworm was my go to and is widely accepted on the west coast.

I've been a long time follower of Polly Rosboroughs work. I know some of you are familiar with his dubbing technique. He was also the most knowledgeable person I ever ran across on dyeing, hides and manmade material. Most of Pollys stuff is not held by the private sector and what you see is normally his bread and butter stuff, fuzzy nymphs. I listed a collection on Ebay that has some of his more colorful work. Even if you are not a collector, patterns like the Copper Rocket which emulate the huge crayfish that make the Williamson fish such footballs are worth a look....

His Rockworm was my go to and is widely accepted on the west coast.

"Rosborough and his original research are perhaps the first major contribution to the theory and techniques of American nymph fishing since Leisenring" ..... Ernest Schwiebert

I'm a big fan of Rosborough. His approach and techniques impact my tying to this day.

Wow, I just looked at your Ebay listing and what a story you have to tell!! That must have one one heck of a day on the river!! Thanks for sharing!!! :D