Fly Tying
Margaretann

A Little Bit Of Everything Swap

I got nothing, sending a PM to admin :angry:

Its unfortunate but i believe it is time for this to happen, the flies have been in YOUR hands for a month now! Swaps tend to go over the due date by a week or two because of a late swapper, but for the flies to all be sitting in your hands for this long and not being taken care of is just carelessness. I feel were a very understanding group of people, if something comes up in life, we will understand being tardy. But communication is essential and we have heard nothing on why things are running this late. This not only makes you look bad as a swap meister Margaret but it looks bad for our forum to perspective swappers who monitor the swaps in hopes of eventually joining in.

I apologize for coming across rude and blunt but it is time to get this mess taken care of!

Evan

Yeah, I agree. I've been seriously wondering what is really up. Will we ever see the flies???

Jimboha!

:( I hope to see them soon. This being my first swap, i was very excited. So far i have been left with a bad taste in my mouth... That could be from the tooth i just had pulled though too.

:( I hope to see them soon. This being my first swap, i was very excited. So far i have been left with a bad taste in my mouth... That could be from the tooth i just had pulled though too.

Its the tooth! My first swap was this last spring, and its an awesome tool to see how people tie other patterns. Since my first there hasnt been to many i havent participated in and this is the first ive beenused in something like this has happened.

Evan

Its the tooth! My first swap was this last spring, and its an awesome tool to see how people tie other patterns. Since my first there hasnt been to many i havent participated in and this is the first ive beenused in something like this has happened.

Evan

Yeah, too bad your first swap is shaping up poorly. In the last 6 months I have done 5-6+ (I lost count)swaps including one I was the Swap Meister - all VERY GOOD EXPERIENCES. There's still hope this swap will work out, but don't be afraid of trying another.

Jimboha!

I haven't lost faith in Margaret completely yet, and if this does go bad i won't let it ruin future swaps for me... I'm already in the "trout dry fly" swap, and plan on joining another when i see something that catches my eye. I can't wait to host my own swap.

I haven't lost faith in swaps and I have been burned before. My post office has done some funny things too, most to Bob Nelson. Well except that time they gave me a package that was damaged, had a tire track on the crumpled side and the assistant post master smelled of beer. I kid you not. Well anyways. Margret has lost my faith from the first silly story until now. I will always hold a swap if I'm th SM if you have a problem. I have had my own share or crazy wok and health problems. Ebrant said it the best.

Just a little note to all who say that they have lost faith in Margretann, I will personally vouch for her. She has been my friend and fellow fly tier at Bass Pro Shops for over 2 years now and I have never met a more giving person. If she said the flies went out, then they went to the post office, and I know from what has happened to her in the past, that the post office in her town is, shall we say, very inefficient, and that's being kind. I have spent enough time with her to know that there is no way in hell she would try and skip on you guys, if in doubt, you can ask some of the guys that have hosted swaps she's been in, they ALWAYS receive extras from her, and she is always donating time, energy and materials to causes such as CFR and local tiers and the Boy Scouts.

In the two plus years I've known her we've been on trips together and she has been overly generous when it comes to covering expenses or making flies for people that don't have what they need. I can't say a bad thing about her, in my experiences with her she is by far the single most generous, giving and honest person I've met in years.

I've been in swaps that have taken over a month and a half to get flies back, life happens and we all have experience with it. It is not for one to question the integrity of another unless they have wronged me before, then I have room to question, otherwise it can make me look the ass. So instead of dogging on someone that you don't know, and know nothing of the circumstances that this event entails, why not ask questions of concern rather than make statements of condemn.

I'm sure it will all come out ok, but until then why don't we all show a little patience until the outcome is truly known.

Blane

To Everyone in this swap;

I do feel bad, and I sincerely do not know why no one has gotten there flies yet. Yes I should have checked in the last couple of days, but I am not always on the forum, as I have other things that demand my time. I do have issues right now, but none that should have affected why everyone hasn't received their flies. I put them in the mail the day after Thanksgiving in the blue USPS box outside of the Post Office(Not the Post office in my town)at around 6:30 in the morning, just as I said that I was going to.

I had not received notifications on my phone, about everyone's concerns(I usually get one if someone has posted on a post that I have marked). I should have been more alert, but I didn't expect any issues. I have been busy since I mailed them and I have never posted or even logged on every day. There are times that I don't log in for months. I understand that everyone concerned, miffed, upset, or even outraged, but I really don't know what to do or say. I will be calling the Post Office and the Dallas Post office in the morning to find out what is going on and what type of procedures I have to take to get future packages out.

It is unfortunate that this has happened and that everyone is upset with me, as I really enjoy the forum and the swaps. It has never been or will ever be my intention to keep everyone's flies. And I hope that this hasn't discouraged anyone from entering into any other swaps.

Again, I am sorry that no one has gotten there flies. I will do everything that I can to compensate each of you for postage both to and from and of course for the flies. I hope that they have just been hung up somewhere and everyone gets there flies.

Margaret

Please let us have an update tomorrow after you talk to the post office(s). I do not think it is the amount of time that has upset anyone. Heck, I have all but stopped fishing in the Chicago area for the year. Instead, it is the lack of communication. At this point I (along with everyone else I am sure) would expect daily updates on your findings. It sounds like you may need to make calls to the post office every day until you are for sure this is all straightened out. I think it is important for us all to be kept very close in the loop in order for feelings not to get hurt. Everyone I am sure would be more understanding if we knew what was going on and were given more updates. I for one have never doubted that I would get the flies (eventually) as I have swapped with you many times, but I will say that if I had a swap I was leading and knew that things weren't going smoothly, I would make darn sure that I check in with folks on a daily basis. Just my 2 cents, for what it is worth..

Now, let's just all get our flies, move on with our lives, and let bygones be bygones! :)

-Forrest

Margaretann,

We are not all upset with you - we are all frustrated because there is nothing that we can do.

As Forrest said, or implied, when things aren't going smoothly, that is the time when you have to make the extra effort to touch base with the forum to know what is happening. And letting us know what you are doing about it on a frequent basis will defuse most of that frustration.

I know you are busy. But one of the biggest complaints that SMs have about swappers, is when they just drop of the face of the earth. I fear that the perception here is that the SM disappeared on us, just when we needed her most.

Thank you for your efforts. I know that we will all look back with sorry at our impatience once we do have the flies. As long as we all learn something (anything!) from this experience, then it is not a bad thing.

Jim

I spoke with the USPS and they said that the packages should get there at the latest by December 10th. If no one gets there packages before then, I can call back with everyone's addresses and get things escalated to a higher priority. Until then we will have to hold tight. Hopefully they get to you by then.

I spoke with the USPS and they said that the packages should get there at the latest by December 10th. If no one gets there packages before then, I can call back with everyone's addresses and get things escalated to a higher priority. Until then we will have to hold tight. Hopefully they get to you by then.

Thank you for the update :) Personally, i was never mad/ upset with you, just getting concerned. Glad to hear that you have spoken with the USPS. Waiting a little longer is no big deal for me, as i'm pretty much done fly fishing for the year :angry: Stupid winter. Thanks for your effort in making sure this goes through.