Fly Tying
Margaretann

A Little Bit Of Everything Swap

Margaretann,

I think you will see a lot of happy posts :) when they start showing up.

Even if/when they do show up, I think the USPS needs some feedback on this. If you mailed them the Friday after Thanksgiving, they should be here by now. First Class mail is supposed to only take 3-5 business days. We're up to 8 days now. I routinely send/receive stuff ("Hi. My name is Jim and I'm and ebayer.") that only takes a few days even across the country for First Class. I wouldn't wait until the 10th. That's 2 1/2 weeks after you mailed them - the trail will have grown cold by then, if it isn't already.

It's not like my package got lost in the mail (which does happen occasionally, but has never happened to me, as far as I know), because what are the odds that the ALL of the packages for ALL 10 of us went lost at the same time? The common point of failure has to be the PO where you dropped them off.

Jim

PS Sorry to vent - I'm not mad at you. But this just isn't RIGHT and I can't stand it when things aren't right!

Margaretann,

Even if/when they do show up, I think the USPS needs some feedback on this. If you mailed them the Friday after Thanksgiving, they should be here by now. First Class mail is supposed to only take 3-5 business days. We're up to 8 days now. I routinely send/receive stuff ("Hi. My name is Jim and I'm and ebayer.") that only takes a few days even across the country for First Class. I wouldn't wait until the 10th. That's 2 1/2 weeks after you mailed them - the trail will have grown cold by then, if it isn't already.

It's not like my package got lost in the mail (which does happen occasionally, but has never happened to me, as far as I know), because what are the odds that the ALL of the packages for ALL 10 of us went lost at the same time? The common point of failure has to be the PO where you dropped them off.

Jim

PS Sorry to vent - I'm not mad at you. But this just isn't RIGHT and I can't stand it when things aren't right!

100% agree. I think you seem trustworthy, your postal workers.... maybe not so much. I would give them a call. I routinely order from a company based out of california, once every 2 weeks or so, and it usually take about 3-4 days first class, to get to Ohio.

I too, am not mad at you Margaret, but someone, somewhere, isn't doing their job. Next time just send the flies with a homing pigeon. :rolleyes:

Margaretann,

Jim

100% agree. I think you seem trustworthy, your postal workers.... maybe not so much. I would give them a call. I routinely order from a company based out of california, once every 2 weeks or so, and it usually take about 3-4 days first class, to get to Ohio.

I too, am not mad at you Margaret, but someone, somewhere, isn't doing their job. Next time just send the flies with a homing pigeon. :rolleyes:

It might be worth a try.

Margaretann,

Jim

Jim,

You have the right to vent. And it was my fault that I wasn't on top of this as I should have. The USPS has heard from me, both people that I spoke to said that I had to wait until the 10th before they can do anything else. If the packages have not been received. After the 10th I would have to give them everyone's address so that they can see if they can track them down.

Margaretann,

Jim

Jim,

You have the right to vent. And it was my fault that I wasn't on top of this as I should have. The USPS has heard from me, both people that I spoke to said that I had to wait until the 10th before they can do anything else. If the packages have not been received. After the 10th I would have to give them everyone's address so that they can see if they can track them down.

Did you stress that TEN(!) packages are lost, not just one?

Yes, it all depends on how assertive one likes to or can be. As an over-analytical engineer type, I would explain to them that we are not talking about ONE package that went lost. Sure, wait until the 10th to see if ONE LOST package surfaces. But 10! Again, that to me means that the Post Office that accepted them (via the drop box, whatever), is where the problem is.

Like I said, when I see things that aren't right, I get quite energetic about it and overcome my shyness and become quite assertive. That does NOT mean that YOU have to do the same, because you are not like me. (Thank goodness!)

A cynic (oh, and yes, I AM a cynic...) would say the PO's response to wait until 10 Dec (2.5 weeks) only makes it easier for them to say at that time, "Well, there's no sign of them now. Sorry. I guess they got lost. You didn't insure them, so tough."

Sigh. (I'm calming down now. "Must breathe deeply. Let it go. Let it go."... ;-)

Jim

I have been on a business trip this week, but was disappointed to not find any flies in the mailbox when I got home last night....

-Forrest

Still nothing as of yesterday. Someone is going to have enough flies to last them the better part of the season!

-Forrest

Please post what post office these were mailed from and PM me who the person was that was working. I will get the postal inspectors involved. How does a post office lose ten packages?

Please post what post office these were mailed from and PM me who the person was that was working. I will get the postal inspectors involved. How does a post office lose ten packages?

I think part of the problem lies in the fact that these were all dropped off in one of those boxes outside a post office and not handed directly to a postal worker..... So, there probably isn't one person who can be singled out. I like your thinking though!

-Forrest