Fly Tying
breambuster

October Bluegill Swap Club

oh shoot..totally spaced this month off...i'll get em done in the next day or so..

sorry so sorry

regards,

imx

That's OK, IMX. I don't mind waiting a few days as long as I know you are going to get them in. Just let me know when they hit the mail and I'll let you know when they arrive. Life happens, and I understand that. Thanks for letting us know.

Take care

BB

Well We will be leaving out Friday morning heading down and coming back late sunday...

The place at the corner of #9 and 292? Southern Sportsman and yes...I think they closed up and made a confernce center or something.

The owner POed me big time...he thought the area between the handicap parking was his personal parking spot....

We received a very nice set of nymphs today from Dreamcaster. I REALLY like these. It's called a "Disco Nymph." I can imagine the 'gills fighting each other for the privilege of getting hooked by these! This is a pattern that I MUST learn, and soon!

Today is the deadline and we have 3 sets out. One set, at least, is in the mail and I expect the other two sets right away. I'm wondering if the storm has anything to do with it. At any rate, when the other 3 sets arrive, I'll divide them up and get them back to you all as soon as possible.

Take care

BB

Glad u like them. I don't need any of mine back. Ill try and get an sbs made up

If they didn't show up today I'd assume they'll show up tomorrow. I mailed them the other day. I don't have a name for them but here's the recipe

Hook: Mustad 3366 #8

Thread: Orange

Tail: Guinea

Body: Bighorn Orange Sow-scud dubbing

Back: Peacock herl

Rib: Small Copper Wire

Hackle: Partridge

-Mike

Thanks, Mike. I knew you would be on time or not more than a day or two off. It's great to have swappers that you know you can count on. I appreciate the update. Sounds like an interesting pattern. I was looking for some 3366's in size 8 just the other day and none of my supplies carried them. I ended up going with the equivalent of the 200R instead. Did you get you 3366's at your local fly shop or did you mail order them?

BB

Thanks, Mike. I knew you would be on time or not more than a day or two off. It's great to have swappers that you know you can count on. I appreciate the update. Sounds like an interesting pattern. I was looking for some 3366's in size 8 just the other day and none of my supplies carried them. I ended up going with the equivalent of the 200R instead. Did you get you 3366's at your local fly shop or did you mail order them?

BB

Feather Craft has them. I think they sell 3366's all the way down to 10.

-Mike

flies are done, one dozen callibaetis nymphs...can i get your addy again please emoticons.png

regards,

imx

Glad you got my flies, BB! I was so worried what with the storm and all... I was gone all weekend, then we lost power Monday night around 10 and got it back last night at 8, so I had no idea what was going on with those suckers. Glad you liked 'em! I'm excited to see what everyone else dolled up for this!

The last set of flies arrived yesterday for the October Nymph Swap and it is WONDERFUL to be able to say that after several months of not getting everyone's flies. It's great to have a full house of participating swappers again. I will try to get them back into the mail today, but it will depend on how long I have to stand in line to vote. I have to be out of town tomorrow, so it may be as early as today or as late as Thursday or Friday, but I WILL get them back to you ASAP.

Thanks for another VERY nice set of flies, IMX. Good job.

Speaking of voting, if you haven't already voted and are registered to vote, I hope that you will.

Take care

BB

Progress Report. Guys, I was able to get the flies sorted out today but I didn't get them to the Post Office. I "HOPE" I will be able to get them in the mail tomorrow morning before I get busy with other assignments for the day. BassMouth sent in 3 sets of flies; August, September & October so you will all be getting some extra flies this month. And BassMouth will be getting 3 sets. This was a great set of flies. Every one of them looks like real fish catchers. Thanks to all.

Take care

BB

I was able to get to the Post Office this morning before leaving for today. The flies are in the mail. Please let me know when you receive them. I would especially appreciate hearing from BassMouth since you are an international swapper. Hopefully it won't take them too long to get there. There are 3 sets of flies in your 3 plastic containers, and the postage was about $3.30. Not too bad.

Take care

BB