Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Peterjay

Eastern Shore Skies

I've been lucky enough to live in quite a few different places, but the skies here on the Virginia Eastern Shore are about as spectacular as any I've ever seen. This is what they looked like last evening while I was walking my dogs. I haven't done any real shooting in quite some time, but I just couldn't resist the urge to grab my camera and do a few cloud studies. Hope you enjoy them.

post-281-0-75579200-1349632964_thumb.jpg

post-281-0-82256100-1349632978_thumb.jpg

post-281-0-81086700-1349632992_thumb.jpg

post-281-0-81217900-1349633008_thumb.jpg

post-281-0-35159900-1349633023_thumb.jpg

I've been lucky enough to live in quite a few different places, but the skies here on the Virginia Eastern Shore are about as spectacular as any I've ever seen. This is what they looked like last evening while I was walking my dogs. I haven't done any real shooting in quite some time, but I just couldn't resist the urge to grab my camera and do a few cloud studies. Hope you enjoy them.

Wow! Really like the first one. Always enjoy your images.

Great pics. Have you used any after shoot software to give a soft watercolour effect? The last one could almost go straight on the wall.

Very nice! The family and I vacationed on the E.S this past Summer....beautiful area! Didn't get in as much fishing as I would have liked, but were out in the kayaks everyday! Great time.....

Mike

Thanks guys. I never get tired of watching Mother Nature work her magic.

Piker, I'd never try to make a photograph look like a painting. The Photographers' Guild would have me horsewhipped and drummed out of the corps. Any resemblance is purely coincidental. Actually, the images are very noisy - they're just JPEGs. That's probably what you're seeing.

Mike - glad to hear you enjoyed the Shore. This is a great place to kayak and watch the wildlife, especially if you remember to bring the bug repellent. :lol: My wife stopped in Wachapreague last year on her way back from the Outer Banks and fell in love with the place. As soon as she got home, I hopped in the car, drove down here, took a look around, and bought a house. She still can't quite believe I did that. :blink: If you come back out here, give me a shout and we'll see if we can scare up some fish.

We definitely plan on going back sometime! We rented a house on the bayside near Exmore.......caught a mess of crabs off the dock for our first dinner there and enjoyed sitting on the deck watching eagles/osprey fishing in our little bay right off the Chesapeake.....

Mike