Fly Tying
Chris H

Hello From B.C. Canada

Yep that is the Marble.....Well i am jealous! Hah! Anyway post back on this forum and let us know how you are going, as i said best bet is lessons and check youtube vidoes plus all the content here. A famous writer from Campbell River - Roderick H. Brown you might want to explore his novels on the subject. You will want to learn some basic nymphs such as hares ear and pheasant tail, along with wooley buggers and streamers.

Anyway keep exploring! Let us know what u find!

I am hoping to here back from a local fly fishing guide that trains in fly fishing. Couple lessons from him should really help out!

I took the rod out the other day to a small pool on a local river, but was unable to get the distance needed to hit the pool where the fish were jumping. Wadders is something ill need to look into soon i beleive.

The guide will have a great amount of information, don't forget he is taking people on the water for most of the season, so probably knows what waders, or rods, or gear will work! And will be only too happy to answer questions...

Oh man on the drive up to Alice, on the left just before is an old rail line...Looks awesome, quite a hilly area and i think the Nimpkish is on the left (heading North).

My GPS took me on a backroads 'Adventure' in Northern Van Island...I got shouted at by logging trucks, found amazing places. You are smack bang in some of the finest fly fishing water this planet has to offer.

You are right on the nimpkish lake/river. Cant miss that big one! The rail line which can be found on the left and right sides of the highway at different times heading north, is still used as a logging rail line today. They have been doing quite a bit of logging on sections right beside the highway/rail line lately.

Well,

To start, ive got a danvise and some dr slick tools coming from the J. Stockard. Cant wait! Now i just need to figure out what fly's I want to tie so I can order up some materials. This will be a bit time consuming!

How hard is it to tie with that liquid lace stuff to make nymphs and chronomids etc? a decent beginners tie?

Ill have to see what I can find for tutorials. I have no supplies yet so its gunna be some work figuring out all the flys i want to make and the materials needed