Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Compact Tying Table

user posted imageI finally got around to cleaning my tying area off. Just thought I would show a compact tying table which is in a small room in my home. I have book shelves with the material to the right of the table out of view. The Vise can swing out over my lap and it is set so the fly is at eye level instead of looking down on it. The waste basket is attached apart from the vise but can also swing in and out. The light is attached to the vise and adjustable. I sit on my son's old Drum stool which can rise and lower at will. Very comfortable on the back.-----

I see your'e like me in that you have about a hundred essential tools that have to be ready to use. Looks like a fine set up to me, I wish I was as well organised though. well done.

biggrin.gif

I have discovered the secret of keeping a clean well organized bench:

Move it to another room every 2 weeks!!

Unfortunatly, I'm 2 years behind schedule.

I must warn fellow board members not to fall for this illusion of neatness portrayed by the right honorable mayor of Chatham. His Cape tying bench is full of synthetic hairs, krystal flash, and fish scales. devil.gif wink.gif

Wouldn't mind getting a closer look at what appears to be a shadowbox of example flies behind the desk.

I have a wall of fame from flies I've gotten over the years from friends or guys I met out fishing that I use as models.

Would very much like to see what you use as a model or inspiration.

Don't believe everything you see - that's probably only been cleaned just to take the shock-and-awe picture before the next onslaught of tying for the book! ohmy.gif cool.gif (p.s. - where's the French Press? rolleyes.gif )

You have seen those flies in the boxes...one is the classic old flies and the other is 6 of Tim Borski flies.... all have been posted here. Dave... Good for you to have observed a "Where's Waldo "test....yes ,there is no french press... you win 2 highly sought after Varivas hook #2's . Congratulations! wink.gif devil.gif

Sign in to follow this