Fly Tying
bentflyrod

SECRET SANTA SWAP 2012!!!!

Hope everyone that has theirs enjoys them I look forward to seeing mine when they arrive...

I am sorry they have not arrived yet! Please keep me posted! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

BFR

Thanks to Jimboha for a super selection of flies!! I'm especially looking forward to trying those adult damsels this coming June!!!

Merry Xmas to all my fellow tiers on FTF!!!

smiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gif

Got a great selection of panfish flies from Breambuster, will have a lot of fun this summer trying them out. Nice fly box also. :)

I was fortunate to recieve a set of beautifully tied flys from Lil' Dave. Thanks Dave! I can't wait to try them.

Thanks BFR for hosting and making Christmas a bit more merry for all.

Mike.

Cool mate. Hope you get to try them on some salty species.... I've been thinking that I seem to have a thing for pink lately....

My marabou things have been slaying barramundi and mangrove snapper this year.... With the odd queenfish and trevally thrown in for good measure....

Cool mate. Hope you get to try them on some salty species.... I've been thinking that I seem to have a thing for pink lately....

My marabou things have been slaying barramundi and mangrove snapper this year.... With the odd queenfish and trevally thrown in for good measure....

That is the plan. I don't fish salt water too often, but now I have an excuse to plan an outing!

I received some very nice flies from Frequent Tryer. There are some emergers in the set that I am looking forward to fishing next Spring. Let's see how emergers work with Bluegills! Thanks FT!

Take care

BB

Got home from a sin session to a fantastic little gift from horse shoes.... Sexy flies in a sexy little box and a bunch of dubbing too!

Merry Christmas Shoes!

PS... Is the dubbing best used for wets or dries?

I received a nice set of bugs, some dubbing, and I think rabbit skin? Thank you Jolly Red and BFR the local bream are in trouble

Chris

Ok Jim do tell whose did you get?

I got a bunch of nice dries from Herman! I don't know what the are for sure but they DO look good! The olive and black pairs resemble BWO, while the rest are brown with a gold tinsel (spiral) bodies.

Come summer I WILL b using them and can reporrt on success .

Thanks again - this swap was fun!

Jimboha!

Thanks to Jimboha for a super selection of flies!! I'm especially looking forward to trying those adult damsels this coming June!!!

Merry Xmas to all my fellow tiers on FTF!!!

smiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gifsmiley-greet004.gif

You're welcome, bigdewey! The damsels are one of my favorites, and I love the scuds. On one lake in particular this summer, we dropped the scuds below the damsels and were catching brookies above and below.

From my experience, the fish take both of these patterns aggressively!

Jimboha!

Received a nice selection of flies in an Orvis fly box from Ebrant10. Thank you/.

BFR, as always, the best swap of the year!

Go Tigers!!