Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ebrant10

Traditional Wet Fly Swap?

Glad to see fishingbobnelson has his materials, mine arrived today also. Now all I have to do is learn to tie on the wings and I'll be good to go. :rolleyes:

Can I just check, we need to tie 11 flies each? I just packaged all mine then re checked the first post and realised I only had 10 done.

Can I just check, we need to tie 11 flies each? I just packaged all mine then re checked the first post and realised I only had 10 done.

PM sent piker.

Evan

Glad to see fishingbobnelson has his materials, mine arrived today also. Now all I have to do is learn to tie on the wings and I'll be good to go. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm STILL working on those wings! It's not straight-forward - get some advice or tips on doing them or you will go crazy! I almost did...

..or maybe I did...

I dunno.

Jimboha!

I can just hear Evan's evil laughter getting louder and louder in the background. "Traditional wet fly; yeah, that should be FUN."

I've ALMOST got those wings down.

Jimboha!

I thought I might "pre age mine and make the version the looks like it has already caught 6 trout, so the wing will probably look really shredded or have been chewed off !!!! :lol:

Just realized I never said what I'm tying. I'm doing the Fontinalis Finn in size 10.

fontinalis.jpg

-Mike

:blink: Slaps head...don't know if I want to send in my offerings now.... :(

Murray

Its all good Murray. Think we've all reminded ourselves why soft hackles are so popular doing this swap!

Evan, I retrieved my parcel so I will have the full set to you. Doh! Should go back in the post office on Weds.

I thought I might "pre age mine and make the version the looks like it has already caught 6 trout, so the wing will probably look really shredded or have been chewed off !!!! :lol:

Yeah, that's my first 6 tries looked like. "Pre-aged" or "pre-chewed".

Jimboha!