Fly Tying
Piker20

SPRING SALMON FLIES

CLOSED.

Everyones flies are in the mail. Crackaig has made his cones seperate from his flies so we can fish unweighted or slide the cone on your tippet first and fish a bit deeper.

UK mail claim it take 10 days for stuff to arrive but I find its closer to 14. Its a good variety of flies so good fishing and post some pics of the fish that you catch.

I would love to try this one but I have a few questions. Now that I have moved im closer to steel waters. I'm not sure what a "spring time" steelhead fly would be. Is there a basic color style and size, other than the swap rule. And can I do a steelhead fly not knowing if it will work for salmon?

Kevin

Hi Kevin. Everywhere has its own spring colour favourites. Greens yellows and oranges don't go far wrong. Black common too. So long as the fly presents a big profile and will get down in the heavier spring flows its all good.

Feeling undergunned in this one, but I'll find something.

From the sounds if it, something that pushes a bit of water will be the go.

Does it have to be a tube fly if not I'm in. Piker can you pm me. (clarification) tube- not in. not tube- I AM in. Thanks

OK guys, thats a full quota. Everyone to tie up ten flies and have them in the UK by Jan 20th. Due to international postage I am going to be insisting on the closing date staying as is. Please please please let me know if real life interupts or if you have any problems making this date.