Fly Tying
flytire

NOVEMBER FLIES

Photo test... with a Grey Wulff.

GrWulff.jpg

No macro on my camera, and as you can see, pics come out dark. This had my desk lamp, with 75 watt bulb, literally 10 inches from it and shining directly down on it. Can photoshop or whatever sharpen and brighten a picture like this?

Try having your background much farther back (therefore out of focus). Use your flash. Zoom in a little but not too much. Make sure your camera is focusing on the fly. I can't speak for Photoshop, but most decent photo programs should be able to let you adjust the lighting and sharpness. They can't,however, focus an out of focus pic.

FYI Picasa will let you do all those things and the best part is, it's free!

Another tip is to set your camera focus on the fly without a back drop in place first then set your background where you wish before snapping the photo. This a bit more challenging with some point and shoot camera but with practice will make the process easier and clearer photos. Also, a $3 DIY photo box out of tracing paper, a shoe box and desk lamp works well too.

D

RUBYCMIDGE-1-.jpg

RUBY CHIRONO MIDGE…Gamakatsu C12-B, #18 – #20…

PT/TB ;)

That looks like it would catch fish in my neck o' the woods!

RUBYCMIDGE-1-.jpg

RUBY CHIRONO MIDGE…Gamakatsu C12-B, #18 – #20…

PT/TB ;)

That looks like it would catch fish in my neck o' the woods!

Ditto!!:lol:

Finally got an order from somebody and finally finished with em! Simple patterns and variations, but I included my crown jewel, The Enchanted Prince! An absolute killer Prince variation developed by Gary LaFontaine.

Enjoy!

Thank You and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

post-43009-0-13939400-1353876769_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-77994900-1353876802_thumb.jpg

Tiny miracle #20 AFF 201r

post-42518-0-86695800-1353967619_thumb.jpg

post-42518-0-88535800-1353967692_thumb.jpg

Carson you should get plenty more requests if they are the flies you're sending out.

When the fish are down, this fly gets there quick. I designed it for winter time redfish but it has proven to work very well on speckled trout, bass and even freshwater catfish. I imagine smallmouth would eat it too.

The Cyclops. I tied these for a redfish guide down here.

DaveMarinoCyclops-2-2.jpg

When the fish are down, this fly gets there quick. I designed it for winter time redfish but it has proven to work very well on speckled trout, bass and even freshwater catfish. I imagine smallmouth would eat it too.

The Cyclops. I tied these for a redfish guide down here.

DaveMarinoCyclops-2-2.jpg

That superhair or EP Fibers, or something else, probably fashions a paddle tail of sorts, what size is that bead head ??

Kirk, Smallies here would crush that pattern to death and then some! Nice!

Just doing up a whole batch of 'winters hope' fly pattern, i name my modifications 'winters nope'. Instead of yellow saddles i used cerise, orange on the outside. #4's. Tried one with Guinea instead of purple.

Lovely Uni- French embroidered tinsel.

None of which i can photograph properly with the point and shoot, it really can't handle hot colours at all. One day i will get a better camera as these pics do no justice but you get the idea.

PB292022.jpg

*edit*

Been owned by Kirk's photo's! Maybe i will have to send him a package one day for some nice images.