Fly Tying
flytire

NOVEMBER FLIES

This is by far one of my deadliest little nymphs I pack for every situation. It is called the Baron and was created by Loren Williams, http://www.flyguysoutfitting.com/tutorials/nymphs/baron this is the link to his website tutorial for this pattern.

Baron:

Hook: 12-18 caddis hook

Bead: Tunguston sized for hook

Tail: Imitation Wood Duck

Body: Brown goose Biot

Thorax: Simans Peacock Eye dubbing

post-42172-0-30854400-1352778741_thumb.jpg

That is a nice fly. I love the low water varients. This is my first post on here ... just had to comment on the mallard wings looking so good.

Welcome to the forum! Look forward to seeing some flies! Sparse stuff works quite nicely over here during spring and summer :)

Cheers riff! Yeah the heavy iron i find keeps them hook point down nicely. *edit* tho i have had one issue, hooking the fish is a bit more difficult, seem to need a bit more pressure.

I like yellow/lime shades for the spring fish and this is a variant on the Invicta with a touch of lemon UV braid.

post-42518-0-37803300-1352817034_thumb.jpg

Searched the site for some new stuff to work with, figured I would post my renditions of what I tied/replicated, so if they look familiar thats why

P1030256.jpg

P1030258.jpg

This fly is a little fluffy from the side, if I tie it again, I will cut down on the material

P1030259.jpg

Broke out some Fish skulls I had purchased in the past and not really found a use for them, made this bait fish look pretty good

P1030261.jpg

This crab pattern is a more detailed than what I usually include in my crabish patterns

P1030262.jpg

This was my favorite out of the patterns I tied, a congo hair crab with a diagonal cut

P1030265.jpg

P1030264.jpg

Liked them so much I tied 3

P1030268.jpg

A little compliation of the past few months flies, bought some foam and put all the flies laying around on my desk together

P1030269.jpg

Yeah Troutguy your fiddler is included he was on my desk too haha

Critiques are appreciated, thanks everyone

SCO

Wow, looking great. I'm waiting for someone to shoot a goose and then I hope to have a good practice at married wings.

what a beautiful fly riff! Hahaha Piker20, i still have not gained the courage to build wings like that. Only just getting used to mounting them properly as i have been just using hair and fur for wings till recently. GP topping are another i swear at a bit until i grabbed some pliers and just started squishing the rachis flat.

what a beautiful fly riff! Hahaha Piker20, i still have not gained the courage to build wings like that. Only just getting used to mounting them properly as i have been just using hair and fur for wings till recently. GP topping are another i swear at a bit until i grabbed some pliers and just started squishing the rachis flat.

Yeah crushing the stem helps. Its a real boon if you can see the feathers before buying and only get the straight ones. Some are so twisted it makes it hard from the get go.

Riffle/Piker, great looking streamers! Those look fun to tie, one day I'll get around to delving in to those beauties.

Joops, cool looking boogie!

Here are some balsa minnows I made and hard foam bobber popper. They are all mounted on the Gama SC15 hook with the minnows having a SS wire wrapped around the hook to extend it; if they explode when fighting a big fish the fish will still stay attached to the tippet.

Kirk

Rabid Diamond Dogs

DSC_6159-6.jpg

DSC_6148-4.jpg

DSC_6143-3.jpg

Hard Foam Bobber Popper

DSC_6182-8.jpg

Great work Kirk!

Received some muskrat from SBPatt and HAD to attempt something with it...

starling20001.jpg

Muskrat brush (on mason's line), Mason's line rib, starling collar

StarlingSofts002.jpg

Muskrat Brush (tying thread), Gold tinsel Rib, Starling Collar

First try with the rat and I think I went a tad heavy... :lol:

Murray

Thanks Scott!

steaming the twisted bent ones help to get them back to normal then use the pliers after you have stripped it to the desired tie in the tails aren't to hard but when you start adding them as a wing or topping you get the tough stuff