Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Help out vets

Forgot the main point of posting this duh :blink: Reason I posted this here is because they could use any sort of extra tying materials or tool you guys would like to donate. They do fly tying classes for disabled vets and could use some materials.

Thanks Steve I appreciate the post.....

What we do is go to the Erie PA VA Hospital 2 times a month and teach the guys and gals how to tie.. We also teach them how to cast then take them out on the water... We have taken or sent the participants to 4 trips so far this year and we have one this weekend in Erie on Elk Creek participants are coming in from New York as well.. about 50 people will be there....

We are also sending 2 guys on the Missouri River in Montana next year sort of a Trip of a lifetime for them.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks and God Bless our Troops

Skip

Outstanding! Anything to help our Vets! The wife and I contribute anything we can up here to the local VA and the VEts. I'm retired and disabled and the vA has helped me so we dp what we can.

Good on you! and Thank You!

Hey Skip, this Mark you met me on ohio facebook. Let me know if anything specific you might need.

This is a timely post. I was just sorting through some of my tying materials and trying to decide what to do with the surplus stuff. I will be more than happy to put together a package and send it off.

What a fantastic idea.....I am an Australian Veteran and here we have nothing at all remotely similar to this. Once you leave active service it seems the whole world forgets who and where you are. I will get a parcel off this week to the address above.

Dave

Wow Skip!! I don't know which is hotter, those fat trout or your avatar!!!!! ;)

Anything we can do to help our Vets is definitely an honor!! I'll be putting together a package today!! :)

What a fantastic idea.....I am an Australian Veteran and here we have nothing at all remotely similar to this. Once you leave active service it seems the whole world forgets who and where you are. I will get a parcel off this week to the address above.

Dave

Dave there is a PHWFF down under Here is the contact Info

PHWFF Australia

Peter L. West

President, PHWFFA

[email protected]

I talked to Skip today and asked if he got much yet, he said not a thing, Really guys? Nothing at all? Wow is that all we care about our vets that provide our way of life?? This site is FREE....how about tossing even a ting thing to help guys that defend our country?

No one "has" to help, but if you can spare even a tiny bit of marabou or the slightest thing, it's well used by these Vets guys.

Steve

I talked to Skip today and asked if he got much yet, he said not a thing, Really guys? Nothing at all? Wow is that all we care about our vets that provide our way of life?? This site is FREE....how about tossing even a ting thing to help guys that defend our country?

No one "has" to help, but if you can spare even a tiny bit of marabou or the slightest thing, it's well used by these Vets guys.

Steve

Easy there, big fella. I have his address and I will be putting together some materials. I did not realize there was a time limit on donating to this group that, a week ago, I did not know existed.

No time limit at all, just thought after 11 days at least one person would have donanted at least 1 thing is all.

I and skip both do/will accept your help though John. Thank you very much.

Steve