Fly Tying
breambuster

Bluegill Swap Club - November

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm thinking about choosing a pattern that I can tie for both the Bluegill Swap & your Swap Club. I think I've already tied most of my usual patterns, and to tell you the truth, I can't remember what I've tied and what I haven't tied. But I think I've already tied the Predator, the RFSN, but I'm not sure if I've tied the Swamp Monster or not. Do you remember? It's an olive damselfly nymph pattern with yellow rubber legs. I have the new issue of Hatches and I've been looking at some of the Irish Nymph patterns there & am thinking about tying up one of those for both swaps. If I've already tied the Swamp Monster, would you care to suggest another pattern that I could tie?

Take care

BB

ChefBen, your flies arrived today. Small white foam at the front, right? You forgot the toe tags, but no problem. I'll take care of that for you. Very nice set of flies. I really like them. Can't wait to give them a try. I may have a chance to wet a hook during Thanksgiving and hopefully it won't be too cold.

Take care

BB

just mailed disc head cicadas, black foam over orange ostrich herl body, black legs and pearl krystal flash for the wing.

I forgot the toe tags

I did the same with the set I sent for the other swap I'm in.

what a maroon!

sorry!

I've been in the woods for the last two weeks and only harvested 2 buck tails and one doe tail then was rushing trying to get the flies in the mail...and...

Excuses, Excuses, Excuses! :-). Just kidding. I'll take care of the toe tags for you, no problem. Glad you had some success with the deer hunting. You could have hunted in my garden and killed some of the deer that were plaguing me last summer. And while you were at it, you could have taken out some raccoons also!

Sounds like a neat pattern for the fly you tied. Is it a Harrison Steeves' pattern? I know he did a lot of stuff with disks, and I've tied up a few of his patterns.

I'll let you know when they get here.

Take care

BB

I hate to say it...but I messed up my spiders, got carried away with the super glue....so its back to the vise. I should have them out before friday.

That is a very interesting fly Riff..I was very impressed with all three of your ties for Aug, Sept and October, cannot wait to give them a try. I was curious about those little red colored jig hooks you tied up, were did you purchase them I am curious?

I will have to keep my eye out on ebay...mysteriously my purchases on that site have gone up by a huge percentage since I started tying flies... :lol:

ChefBen, your flies arrived today. Small white foam at the front, right? You forgot the toe tags, but no problem. I'll take care of that for you. Very nice set of flies. I really like them. Can't wait to give them a try. I may have a chance to wet a hook during Thanksgiving and hopefully it won't be too cold.

Take care

BB

Bream! Super sorry dude. I filled out tags but must of forget in an effort to get them out before I left for out of town. I apologize and thanks for taking care of it for me..again :blink:

They are an "up" size version of a trout fly I saw. Hopefully they work out!

I seem to be falling a bit behind here...

I started a couple of my flies, but after letting them sit and coming back to them, I'm no longer happy with them... :rolleyes: I'm still going to do the same pattern, but these first ones might get the razor.

I'm alone all weekend, though, so I should be able to get some tying in. Mine should be getting out on Monday. ;)

On a side note, do bluegills eat adult damselflies? Does anything? They look like they would be bitter and un-tasty. :ph34r: