Fly Tying
cmb18895

greencaddis fly tying hooks

I bought some of their dry and wet fly hooks and I like them. They are definately sharp and they seem to be heavy duty too.

you simply cannot beat the current offer for creating an account/buying hooks. i just place a good sized order and got over $12 off and free shipping to boot!

http://greencaddis.com/fly-tying-hooks.html

judging by the numbering system used for the hooks, they are probably made in the same asian factory as the top name brands are made

definitely worth looking into

I just browsed my source for Mustad hooks. I would say the Green Caddis are in line with them price ways.

I just browsed my source for Mustad hooks. I would say the Green Caddis are in line with them price ways.

...if not cheaper. Lowest price I could find for standard dry fly hooks was $8.00/50. GCO hooks (all styles) are $3.00/25..

...if not cheaper. Lowest price I could find for standard dry fly hooks was $8.00/50. GCO hooks (all styles) are $3.00/25..

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Mustad-Signature-Dry-Fly-Hook/productDetail/Fly-Tying-Hooks/prod9999007183/cat101066

Box of 50.

Still, it's pretty close.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Mustad-Signature-Dry-Fly-Hook/productDetail/Fly-Tying-Hooks/prod9999007183/cat101066

Box of 50.

$11.24 for 1 box of 50 when you factor in shipping.... 50 GCO hooks, with free shipping comes to $5.92...

They give new customers a one time $5.00 off as well, so factor that in, your total is 92 cents for 50 hooks...

i dont think this thread was about price wars

your preference in brands and the prices you pay are entirely up to you

lets not forget the originators post on this thread.

the green caddis brand is whats being discussed and there is no need to fault their prices

Box of 50.

$11.24 for 1 box of 50 when you factor in shipping.... 50 GCO hooks, with free shipping comes to $5.92...

Free shipping when I buy at the store.

BTW switch my original post mentioned "my" source not yours.

When the price goes up on Mustads again, I will consider GC hooks.

Box of 50.

Free shipping when I buy at the store.

BTW switch my original post mentioned "my" source not yours.

When the price goes up on Mustads again, I will consider GC hooks.

All I am saying is that for the quality of the GCO hooks, they are the cheapest "I" have found with a simple google search.

Wow, i'm in! Just joined up with GreenCaddis and placed my first order. Got sizes and styles of hooks i'd been wanting and got $5 off with free shipping! Plus you can build up points for future discounts. Hard to beat a deal like that!

Rob