Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flyfishtn

1weight reel

Anybody have any suggestions for a good 1 weight reel that won't break the bank? I have a 7 foot 1 weight I bought for tiny moutain streams here in TN and NC and need a reel for the line. No backing because the streams will be so small.

What say ye? help.gif

Hi flyfishtn,

Try the Baby Marryat, small enough for ultralight rod and it reasonable too.

Cheers

Qwek

QUOTE (Qwek @ Jan 5 2005, 12:33 AM)
Hi flyfishtn,

Try the Baby Marryat, small enough for ultralight rod and it reasonable too.

Cheers
Qwek

Hi Qwek

Baby Marryat, I have never heard of one is there a web page to view it.

Any further info you can spare?

I just bought a ProAngler 2wt 7' 4 Pc ultalight very rare in Oz but its catching on fast. I just love it nearly as much as a 4wt.

Cheers

"Smuggler" ph34r.gif

How about a lamson radius for $116 at 4.25 oz I thought it reasonable value, I just ordered one anyway. I went through Hook & Hackle. There's lots cheaper, but hard to find value.

Might take a look at the Pfleuger Supreme Model 1834. Light in weight and less expensive. Try Hook&Hackle on line for a good price.

Dave

ross colorado 0. discontinued model though can be found.

about $100 and worth every penny. light, super solid and smooth.

try it.

you'll see.

mgj

CR outfitters in Norris, TN. up on the Clinch had a few reddington 2/3 reels in fully machined aluminum, click/pawl and really light weight. They are about 2.5' in dia. and come in all black or titanium anodized. They were originally about $90 bucks but since they are discontinued the guy told me he would let them go for $29 a piece. The gentlemans name is Cal Ralston. Phone: 865-494-2305 or 494-8638. These reels would suit your needs I believe. If ya like, PM me and I could pick one up for you and mail it to ya.

A.A.

QUOTE (Dave @ Jan 5 2005, 03:27 PM)
Might take a look at the Pfleuger Supreme Model 1834. Light in weight and less expensive. Try Hook&Hackle on line for a good price.

Dave

Those Pfluegers are nice for the money. I had one on my 2 wt. I think I paid right around 50 bucks for it from H&H

For a rod that light I would reccommend a reel as light as you can afford for balancing purposes. I ended up with a ULA Purist and love it.

if you're still looking, a month ago overstock.com had J. Austin Forbes magneseum reels for about $75. I believe they wiegh about 2 oz.

Sign in to follow this