Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Flytyer14

Not Sure if i Posted yet......

Well guys, truth be told i haven't tied any flies for quite some time. But yesterday I started up again.

Theres a fly that I Tied awhile ago that I had sitting on my desk. Wasn't sure whether I had shared it yet or not.

As always, Questions, comments, critiques.

post-25611-0-21296900-1353181408_thumb.jpg

You tied that?! Wow, Mark, that's very nicely tied. Proportions look great overall to me. Parts that seem particularly well done to me include the tail, topping, tip, tag and butt. Fine job on the wing, too. It I were to criticize, it would be: (1) The throat; I don't think the feather quality does your work justice,...and something bolder like a furnace throat would compliment the married portion of the wing. (2) The ribbing; I would probably have opted for something like flat silver instead, but then that might be boring to others. And (3) the "gut"; I know dacron is a common alternative, but have you tried twisted mono or braided mono?

Bugsy I have indeed. This is just a freestyle I put together, and I probably will end up bass fishing with it 0.o I have plenty of silkworm gut for eyes :) the ribbing is awful to be honest. Glad to hear your suggestion on the throat. I didn't think of that. Been working on another, I can post up pictures if any are interested. Gotta get home to my computer :o

I really like the tag on the first one that bicolor is nice my only critique would be the rib/body is kind of confusing you could of added a hackle in the area where you changed the rib/body to follow your rib on the front half to define it more but I really like the fly

Paul, I understand what your saying, thanks for the suggestion.

Bugsy Are you going to the International Fly tying Symposium this year?