Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
BullRunBear

Xuron vise experiences?

The Xuron comes in a standard for $128.00 and free shipping. There is also a deluxe version for about $165. I think they function the same way and the difference may be in the positioning knobs and finish. I ordered the standard. For some reason, the St. Simon's website isn't showing the vises but they had at least the standard version when I called them. No idea how many they have left in stock.

You can call St. Simons at 912-638-5454. I spoke to a nice lady named Bonnie.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I have two originals given to me by Harry Darbee. Just like the museum. On has the material clip the other does not. I can tie as large or as small (28). I switched to a Renzetti Traveller because I bought into the whole must have a rotating vise. I still go back to this one.

Xuron is being made again?? Ok... this might just get me to buy a new vise.

Ahh, crap... so its not the same as the original? Been looking for one for some time :(

The only change is that the recessed hex screw which attached head to stem is now a thumb screw.

Cheers,

Hans W

I have my original from the early 80's and a brand new one. There are two models - the standard and the "deluxe". I prefer the standard.

They are well made. I have one which does not have "blackened" jaws - just the shiny metal.

Xuron is being made again?? Ok... this might just get me to buy a new vise.

Ahh, crap... so its not the same as the original? Been looking for one for some time :(

The only change is that the recessed hex screw which attached head to stem is now a thumb screw.

Cheers,

Hans W

I have my original from the early 80's and a brand new one. There are two models - the standard and the "deluxe". I prefer the standard.

They are well made. I have one which does not have "blackened" jaws - just the shiny metal.

Thanks, sounds like this thing is made right, and lasts. Hopefully, will have enough fun money after being paid tomorrow to order one... I have wanted a xuron for a long while.