Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

DECEMBER flies

Murray if you are married the oven is not the best idea, back when I did lot of powder coating small parts I would use a toaster oven. You can pick up a good used one at a thrift store for a few dollars. I used the metal tray that came with it and made a small parts rack with the electrical alligator clips. This same type set up would work for the fly's also. you would be limited to about 10 fly's at a time but may be a better option then the kitchen oven.

Just a couple of Clouser variants. Mustad 60 degree jig hook, size 2, mixture of white bucktail and ep fibers for the belly, a few strands of crystal flash, SF blend on top (left='rainbow', right='shaded chartreuse'), small painted gold lead dumbell eyes with black pupil. Possible saltwater candidates for a spring break trip?

post-31690-0-23681200-1355584813_thumb.jpg

Murray if you are married the oven is not the best idea, back when I did lot of powder coating small parts I would use a toaster oven. You can pick up a good used one at a thrift store for a few dollars. I used the metal tray that came with it and made a small parts rack with the electrical alligator clips. This same type set up would work for the fly's also. you would be limited to about 10 fly's at a time but may be a better option then the kitchen oven.

That's a great idea...potentially marriage saving too... :lol:

Murray

Haven't been able to go fishing still.... but I did go hunting! I limited with two pheasant and my dad with one. So I'm scrambling to use up all these darn feathers! :rolleyes:

Also tied up a little stonefly, with a turkey tail body and a thorax of Hare's Ear Ice Dub an CDC. It's also loaded witha bunch of lead in the underbody. The last few pictures are of it wettened.

post-43009-0-81053800-1355805395_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-05972600-1355805410_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-88434500-1355805424_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-77246500-1355805434_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-81818100-1355805445_thumb.jpg

post-43009-0-31221900-1355805542_thumb.jpg

Haven't been able to go fishing still.... but I did go hunting! I limited with two pheasant and my dad with one. So I'm scrambling to use up all these darn feathers! :rolleyes:

Also tied up a little stonefly, with a turkey tail body and a thorax of Hare's Ear Ice Dub an CDC. It's also loaded witha bunch of lead in the underbody. The last few pictures are of it wettened.

C LeBo, I would love to see a step-by-step on that fly! It looks fantastic.

C LeBo, I would love to see a step-by-step on that fly! It looks fantastic.

Will do, sir! Glad you like it.

Tied up some olive stonecrawler mayfly nymphs with Lemon Wood Duck Flank fibers and Hare's Ear/Antron dubbing.

Enjoy!

Thank You and Tight Lines,

Carson LeBoeuf

post-43009-0-72553600-1355877872_thumb.jpg