Fly Tying
shoebop

chironamid assortment

A few of the assortment that I just recently tied.attachment=37617:buzzer7 12-8-2012 7-20-06 PM 640x480.JPG]post-35746-0-95284900-1355012740_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-19910300-1355012743_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-13619200-1355012747_thumb.jpgpost-35746-0-21683400-1355012769_thumb.jpg

post-35746-0-42655000-1355012739_thumb.jpg

great buzzers the one that I got to ask about is the clear one with the red ribbing how did you do that?

I run some red thread all the way back then I slip on a section of snall clear tubing (from the craft store). Secure the tubing at the butt then wrap up the body with thread and secure the tubein the front. Many times I do the thorax in Ultra Wire in a red, burgundy or black. I build it up to the right thicknes then I give the whole thing a thin coat of UV resin or Sally Hansen's. The thorax can be done in a variety of ways and I have experimented with many as you can see in the photos.post-35746-0-17013900-1355076059_thumb.jpg

I like em. You ever try those for ice fishing?

If we ever get any ice this year I will try them for the first time. Last year we didn't get any decent ice all year unless you traveled way up north. :angry:

I know this topic is from two years ago, but bless you, Shoebop, for posting this! A guy I used to work with asked me to tie him some similar looking flies back a couple months ago (I know, I'm slacking... Change in jobs, broken vise, fifty other things to do. Kinda hard to tie when you've got a lot going on...)

Anyway, all he told me was "Oh, I found this fly back a couple years ago up in New Jersey at a local fly shop. Trout love these things, but I've only got two left."

Thank goodness for old posts, right? Now I sorta know what recipe to look for other than just 'buzzers from New Jersey".

I have to admit that a lot of those were experimental and untested so tie at your own risk. In theory, they should all catch something but as yet I have not fished them. Alas, there's only so much time.The one with the clear tubing and red ribbing is a fish catcher for sure. There is another in there that resembles a rainbow warrior that is also a good one. GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW HOW THEY WORK FOR YOU!