Fly Tying

Riff

Flytire beat me to the punch, but if you have a spot open up later please add me as your first alternate.

Thanks

C

Guess I'll get my dibs in first and pick a fly I might be able to tie that small. I choose a size 18 pheasant tail nymph. I'll let someone else do the size 52.

I'm glad that I have 7 months to tie the poppers, not sure exactly what they will be, but more deer hair is for sure.

Blane

I'm glad that I have 7 months to tie the poppers, not sure exactly what they will be, but more deer hair is for sure.

Blane

Me too, might be a muddler as I will be knocking up those for my own use anyway but I did take some perverse pleasure using balsa and Dremel tool for this years ones.

Blane

Me too, might be a muddler as I will be knocking up those for my own use anyway but I did take some perverse pleasure using balsa and Dremel tool for this years ones.

Your both lucky: I have not tied on or even seen a size 18 hook in over 40 years. I may have to get some tryphocals for my byphocals so I can see the hook.

Ok, this has had me wondering for the past year, is it ok with everyone if I pinch the barb on all the flies I tie for the swap? I didn't do it this year because I never know who might want to keep the barb, but I don't feel comfortable leaving the barbs on my flies since I have cats that get into EVERYTHING.

Blane

Saves me doing it so I don't mind. My flies have the barb still on just cause its easiest way to source on bulk.

Debarbing the hook is OK with me.

For January I'm going to be tying a Latex Caddis Larva and for February I will tie a Bloody Mary. Not sure where I will go from there.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas season or Happy Holidays.

Take care

BB

Either way is absolutely ok with me

for anybody who cant or doesn't want to tie a size 18, then just take a big deep breath and tie it on a 14-16 and we'll get the idea of what you had in mind :)