Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Piker20

JVICE Owners

THis is one for the enlightened owners of Jvices. Do any of you have or have used the hair packer? Does this offer any benefits over a brassy type packer? I have watched the video of Jay using it and can't make my mind up just from that if it is worth ordering.

I am a Jvice owner. I own many accessories, but I don't currently own that. I will in the next few weeks. I can't comment on whether or not THAT accessory is specifically different, but all of his other ones ARE.

They are all quality and usually exceed any expectations.

I am a Jvice owner. I own many accessories, but I don't currently own that. I will in the next few weeks. I can't comment on whether or not THAT accessory is specifically different, but all of his other ones ARE.

They are all quality and usually exceed any expectations.

Well please let me know how you find it. I want the hair stacker and the tube attachment so will wait to order all together if I decide (persauded) to get that too.

But what is the benefit of it over a standard packer or just using my fingers? I see Jay rotates more thread wraps in while the packers in place. Can you tell me how it has improved your deer hair tying? Or is it just a nice extra that matches?

Basically it makes some of the tying steps easier, at least for me - I cannot say I'm a master with deer hair, struggling would be correct term :)