Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
famill00

Anyone interested in a Monthly Smallmouth/Largemouth Swap?

On the forum we now have a monthly swap for bluegill, and another that is a mixed bag. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a monthly swap for smallmouth/largemouth bass. I haven't thought about the details yet, but I was thinking 10 other tiers plus myself. I figure everyone send in 10 flies and not get one of your own back. I haven't really thought out all the details of what to tie for each month because I wanted to see if anyone was interested first. If you are interested, please let me know and I will add your name to a list here. If you express interest here, I will PM you before I put your name on an "Official" list to make sure you are committed to 12 swaps in 12 months!

1) Me - Swapmaster
2) Zachxbass
3) Eugward
4) Eastern fly
5) Joman
6)

I'm shocked that no one has responded to this so far. I think I'd be interested, but my wife has a c-section scheduled on the 29th of this month. Between the 2 1/2 year old boy i have now, and the newborn on the way, i'm not sure how much tying time i'd have for this, at least EVERY month. I joined the bass swap that is going on now, as i know i can knock out some leeches pretty easily, but i'm not sure i could do things like deer hair bugs in a timely manner.

If there's enough interest, and a list of the monthly requirements, i MAY be interested, or maybe listed as an alternate for a few months, i dunno, lets see if others are more interested first.

Ok I am glad to see that this has some interest. Would you all want to cap it at say 6 of us or maybe 10? Let's see how much interest we can get.

-Forrest

I vote for 6.

Kevin

Kevin, I too think that 6 would be a good number based on the amount of materials and time the bigger flies take to tie.

Ok we will cap this at 6 of us. Everyone will send in 5 flies and you will not get one of your own back. Now, lets all make some suggestions on what the categories each month should be.

My ideas:

- Anything Clouser

- Poppers

- Crayfish

- Articulated Streamer

- Any "Classic" Fly

- Hopper

- Topwater (no popper/hopper)

???

What are others that you all would like to see or would you change any of these? I want us all to decide on the categories together. I figure since there will only be 6 we can work on this all together.

-Forrest

What are you going to start with with. January is on top of us. Early spring time in the cold weather areas would need to be slow,deep and dark. Like the old jig & pig.

Kevin

What are you going to start with with. January is on top of us. Early spring time in the cold weather areas would need to be slow,deep and dark. Like the old jig & pig.

Kevin

How about Calcasieu Pig Boat flies for January????

-Forrest

Kevin, I have used these and they are deadly! They are just like the ole pig and jig. Please, everyone, look for signup on a different thread.

-Forrest