Fly Tying
famill00

Bass Swap

SWAP IS FULL!

Update: Last set of flies received 2.21.13. Flies were shipped back to you on 2.21.13 at 4pm.

I have not hosted a swap in a while now, nor have I really had time to participate in any lately. My wife and I are finally settled into our new house, and I am looking forward to living 3 minutes from the river. I would like to host a swap for Bass, and I have included below a list of flies. If you would like to participate, please respond with the usual "I'm in". Due date is February 14, 2013 and all the regular swap rules apply. Everyone will tie up 12 flies and you will not get one of your own back. Please keep in mind to tie these flies in a size appropriate for bass. Everyone is welcome!

When finished, please send flies to:

1) Surface minnow - P.G Beckett - Received

2) Popper - Joman - Received

3) Crayfish - SSC - Received

4) Classic Streamer - Me - "Red and White" - Done

5) Leech - Zachxbass - Received

6) Gurgler - utyer - Received - Got 'em

7) Elks Hair Caddis - yetavon - Received

8) EP Bluegill - BassBugn - Received

9) Bunny Leech - Flyrodman - Received

10) Olive/Silver Zonker - Troutguy - Received

11) Beadhead Wooly Bugger - BeginnerFlyTyer - Received

12) Frogs - Knightstalker - Received

13) Hellgramite - grey brook - Received

I will gladly join in by doing my "Hang In There" pattern, but your going to have to decide whether it is a surface or sub surface minnow pattern- Phil

I will gladly join in by doing my "Hang In There" pattern, but your going to have to decide whether it is a surface or sub surface minnow pattern- Phil

Oooook, which would you call it? Pick one that you think fits it best....

-Forrest

I would like to participate by tying a crayfish. I have only tied them for trout, would a size 4 TMC 200RBL be considered appropriate for bass?

Steve

I would like to participate by tying a crayfish. I have only tied them for trout, would a size 4 TMC 200RBL be considered appropriate for bass?

Steve

I usually tie my crayfish in 4's and 6's, so you are good! Does your crayfish have a particular name? If not, it's ok, I just like to put the name of the flies in the original post if they have a name.

-Forrest

Oooook, which would you call it? Pick one that you think fits it best....

-Forrest

Lets call it a surface minnow if thats okay with you?

Steve

I usually tie my crayfish in 4's and 6's, so you are good! Does your crayfish have a particular name? If not, it's ok, I just like to put the name of the flies in the original post if they have a name.

-Forrest

Forrest,

I have been tying a Tabou Daddy in 10's and a few 8's. I'm not sure how good it will look when scaled up to a #4. When I get the #4's in a few days I will tye one up and see. I have been interested in some of the other crayfish patterns that are a bit more involved and "realistic", so I may go that route and learn something new. Let you know in about a week.

Steve

Everyone please read:

In order to try and get more interest in this swap, I have revamped the layout and also extended the due date by two weeks. If anyone else would like to participate in this swap for smallmouth/largemouth bass, please go ahead and jump in. I know there are some of you out there that tie great bass flies! Please feel free to tie your favorite bass fly, whether it be top water or subsurface.

Thanks in advance for helping to fill this swap!

-Forrest

Been thinking about it, and came back to find the list is gone? was thinking about an Elkshair caddis for the dry.

IM IN, this will get me going on getting my tying area rebuilt. Still moving in to our new house in Orlando, but I have been told there are a few bass around here someplace. I will do a surface gurgler type popper.

Been thinking about it, and came back to find the list is gone? was thinking about an Elkshair caddis for the dry.

Yetavon,

I decided to let people tie what they want, but your Elks Hair Caddis would be welcomed. May I put you down as being in???

-Forrest

Utyer....I am looking forward to the editorial on your new home.....If I can't move down I can at least read about it.