Fly Tying
famill00

Bass Swap

Everyone, I have updated the original post with my address so you can send the flies when you are finished. If you have already put yours in the mail, can you please update me by responding here? I want to update the original post with who has flies in the mail. Thanks!

-Forrest

mine went out moday but just realized i forgot toe tags

If you would, please PM me the info I should put on them and I will take care of it. Thanks!

-Forrest

I got them today!

I will put the toe tags on them for you.

-Forrest

OK tied these last night. I did not like my first ties too much of a Striper only fly. Most of you probably mean Large or Smallmouth when you say bass. These are on 1/0 Stinger hooks. They will go in mail this afternoon.

post-3361-0-89850500-1359652128_thumb.jpg

Thank you. The body is Mylar tubing that is bunched to give a wider body. It will bend when a fish bites. It is real shiny silver. If you striper fish they look like small herring or shiner. They are about 3 or 4 inches long. The hackle is a grizzly hackle.

Joman when you get your fly copy it on a longer shank hook. Don't put a grizzly hackle on the head. Leave room and tie a white deer hair Muddler type head. fish with a weight or weighted line. Makes a great Mullet imitation for saltwater or a Creek Chub for freshwater.

Troutguy, your flies arrived today!

Everyone else, just an FYI, there are 10 days remaining until this swap is due. Where do those of you who have not sent in your flies stand? Keep in mind they are due in my hands by the 14th, not just in the mail.

-Forrest

life has gotten in the way for me. Flies r done, tagged, etc... will b in mail today. I can't put them in til this evening due to work. If you prefer i will overnight them on Monday. I'm sincerely sorry. Its a long story, but with a newborn and toddler, and promotion to manager of an understaffed store, its been crazy. Just lemme know if u want me to overnight them on monday