Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Downtown Rochester

Thanks for the picts.

I bet when they throw the switches, lights dimmed all the way to the big lake.

I went to Oakland U many moons ago -- graduated in '67 -- just outside of Rochester. Went back there in October and did not recognize a thing. The wealth in that county evident in the upscale housing and shopping mall sprawl is staggering for a region as depressed as it is. Couldn't find any of my old haunts, much less old girlfriends.

Merry Christmas,

Rocco

It don't compare to the display in Rochester but if you get bored google "Christmas display Bonfadini family" I haven't got to see it in years but it used to be a big attraction in northern Virginia. Mr. Bonfadini and family always added something new each year and it was quite a show. My only problem back then was that my girl friend lived across the street from it and I would have a heck of a time getting to her house around Christmas. There was a place around here that you got to drive through and look at the lights but it went out of business. They advertised that they had well over a million lights, but I think Appalachian power company had something to do with their downfall... Take Care, Tony

Thanks for the picts.

I bet when they throw the switches, lights dimmed all the way to the big lake.

I went to Oakland U many moons ago -- graduated in '67 -- just outside of Rochester. Went back there in October and did not recognize a thing. The wealth in that county evident in the upscale housing and shopping mall sprawl is staggering for a region as depressed as it is. Couldn't find any of my old haunts, much less old girlfriends.

Merry Christmas,

Rocco

A fellow grizzly! Thats where I graduated from..in 2008 :huh:

Thanks Paul. When I grow up I'm going to learn how to do all these links and stuff. Imagine trying to see your sweetie and traffic is backed up for blocks. Imagine sitting at her table in the front of her house and having a quiet talk (when you could finally get there). You almost needed sunglasses at night. I'm just kidding with the complaining. It was really cool and I really miss those times (sometimes) I would really like to see Rochester. I have rebuilt quite a few Rochester carbs years ago, but none of them had Christmas lights.(sorry steeldrifter, I just can't quit with the stupid jokes today)

This just lit up my nostalgia switch. Waaay back when I was a kid in inner city Detroit, our gift opening ritual involved a Christmas eve trip to Inidian Village to see the lights. Santa came while we were away. We qwere dazzled then -- in 40s and 50s -- by light displays that are pretty much surpassed in any suburb now and high as kite by the time we got back from the ride to indian Village.

Chefben4, I was in the second or third class of entering freshmen at OH. My serial # was 2478! We had only intramural sports at the time -- like coed wrestling in the woods...

Rocco

Just full auto mode with no flash a mono pod and a star filter. Usually I will mess around with some manual settings as well as some longer shutter speeds but with the rain and traffic it was much easier to shoot on auto that night.