Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Having real trouble coming up with a decent pattern, the feathers i usually use are illegal in some countries and the crazy pheasant ass feathers are too short for hackle, tried burnt ostrich and it looks like technocolour vomit to my eyes - the rhea i am out of. So i think u guys will be getting a micro intruder or another intruder spey type. Hmmz i will take pic of the vomit fly, which i believe is unsatisfactory!

Bad Flyfishin'Jam TIE BETTER!

Will experiment and give u guys a choice in next few days between about 3.

post-29540-0-65031200-1360015347_thumb.jpg

Vomit fly? What you gonna think when you see mine??

I kinda like that colour combo. Or my local fish do.....

I do read you guys get some peat stained water conditions fairly often, so i might stick with the colour selection (pink, orange, yellow) and just noodle around with it tonight till i get something satisfactory.

Kevin, that is a beast! I would not be surprised at all when king sized smallies or pike murder that meaty thing!

I decided no choice and whizzed up 12 of something close to that fly i posted, did the spey truder thing for the spring salmon swap so needed something different to tie, tungsten eyes, just tub tested and it wriggles good, in front of the speaker too boom boom boom, nice.

Kevin, that is a beast! I would not be surprised at all when king sized smallies or pike murder that meaty thing!

I decided no choice and whizzed up 12 of something close to that fly i posted, did the spey truder thing for the spring salmon swap so needed something different to tie, tungsten eyes, just tub tested and it wriggles good, in front of the speaker too boom boom boom, nice.

X2

I let those smallies be the judge in April Kevin. Looks baddassed to me.

Jam, I really think a fly is much more deadly sparce tied so I think you were on track so dont get sidetracked on what may not work. The way I look at it marabou and zonker strips are the 2 most flowing materials to lay on the shank or tube. All else is just for look for eye of the beholder. Predatory fish will strike at anything coming in front of their zone regardless.

March will be here real quick and fishing will be on!! :)

Jam. Tie 11 of your vomit flies. I like em. If it hurts to much just drink more beer!

heh, i got carried away last night and did a dozen, techno vomit eye searing truders. I totally forgot about ho-boh speys, using marabou, oh well!

The tungsten eyes, pink hooks, intruder wire.

P2052111_zps49494760.jpg

P2052109_zps0729b076.jpg

I think they are more sparse than the camera suggests, burning the lens and all blurry lol

Just gotta do up some bonus flies and i shall be good to ship!

Out of interest these ones were the spring salmon swap flies smile.png spey truders

P1122076_zpsaf25e6a1.jpg

heh, i got carried away last night and did a dozen, techno vomit eye searing truders. I totally forgot about ho-boh speys, using marabou, oh well!

The tungsten eyes, pink hooks, intruder wire.

P2052111_zps49494760.jpg

P2052109_zps0729b076.jpg

I think they are more sparse than the camera suggests, burning the lens and all blurry lol

Just gotta do up some bonus flies and i shall be good to ship!

Out of interest these ones were the spring salmon swap flies smile.png spey truders

P1122076_zpsaf25e6a1.jpg

I sure hope I can get some (info) on both of them. They both look great. I will be looking for them with my Spring swap flies. (correction)

Kevin